Alcohol 52% loses the mounted images :(

Hi everyone. I installed alcohol 52% free edition in the children’s computer to allow them to play their games without having to insert the CDs. I set up the emulation options to “automount on reboot”. I tested it and they work fine, or so I thoght… Well, the children have been complaining that after some time the games ask for the CD… I checked alcohol , and indeed, no images mounted at all!!! :a

I remounted the images, and then, after a few hours they are lost again.

The machine is an Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane, mobo is pcchips A11G Geforce 6100 + nforce 410 (don’t get fooled by the pcchips name, it is a very solid mobo) and windows XP pro SP2.

I install everything with my user, which has administrator privileges. They play as limited users. The youngest one plays and clicks in a lot of stuff, but as a limited users I didn’t expect to him to make any mess. I have not what he does to make alcohol lose the images, or if alchol loses them by itself.

What am I supposed to do? I have no hotkeys sequences. Alcohol 52% version is the latest one (1.9.7.6022) They don’t know how to remount them, and these retarded games look for the CD in the drive from where they got installed, so even if they insert the CD the games won’t run.

Well, one option is to use Daemon Script to create shortcuts that automatically mount the image and run the program. As to why they’re coming unmounted, I believe Alcohol will automatically do that if it can’t find the image. Do you have the images on another hard drive, perhaps?

[QUOTE=Jito463;1973509]Well, one option is to use Daemon Script to create shortcuts that automatically mount the image and run the program. As to why they’re coming unmounted, I believe Alcohol will automatically do that if it can’t find the image. Do you have the images on another hard drive, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give the script a try :slight_smile:

The images are in the same hard drive, but in a different partition. It shouldn’t make a difference :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=AlexRuiz;1974537]The images are in the same hard drive, but in a different partition. It shouldn’t make a difference :)[/QUOTE]
If they’re in a different partition, your operating system will regard them as being on a separate drive.

That’s true, philamber, but I was thinking more in terms of his other hard drive might be going bad, assuming he had his images on a seperate hard drive. Since it’s the same hard drive, that’s not likely to be the source of the issue.