Alcohol 120 uninstall problem

vbimport

Hi
I read the other posts and didn’t find this problem so I need help! When trying to uninstall alcohol 120 ( which is installed but doesn’t show in add remove programs) I get a message saying adapter locked. How do I unlock it?

Which version are you trying to uninstall?

I was able to reinstall a newer version after rebooting the computer. Then I was able to uninstall alcohol 120.The only thing is there are two virtual drives still installed that I can’t get rid of I even tried the suggestions in one of the threads about editing my registry. Every time I re- boot the computer reinstalls the drives.

Go to control panels/system/hardware/device manager, find under “SCSI and RAID controllers” the Alcohol SCSI controller from the previous version, and remove it.

All Alcohol drives will disappear. Normally this happens automatically when you uninstall alcohol, unless at the uninstallation time you still had some image mounted.

Also remove Plug and Play Bios Extension from System Devices. and if needed the Virtual Drive Drivers from the Windows/System32/Drivers Folder.

I am having the same problem. “Adapter locked” when trying uninstall Alcohol 120% version 1.9.5 Build 4212 Trial Version

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have anything mounted on the virtual drive?

Didn’t even know I had a virtual drive. Went poking around, set Virtual drive to 0, restarted and was able to uninstall. Thanks! :slight_smile: