Alcohol 120% trials

Found out a very bad thing about the Alcohol 120% trial, and it is confirmed by the developer. If you download and install a trial version and for some reason dont get satisfied with it and removes it, you CAN NOT! later on download a newer and improved trial version and install it again:-(…error message says that the trial version has expired, input serial to continue using it…and the program shuts down…but the trial version cant be registered! In my case i downloaded an early trial version, wasnt satisfied with it, uninstalled it after two days and now, the other day, downloaded a newer trial and installed…POOOOF…in my face!..i really dont condone that kind of behavior from the programmers, why offer newer trials in the first place if you cant try them? The developer who answered me told me that they will make some changes, let me quote: “Hmmm, I will change this problem soon, but there still would be some restriction about trial out issue.” What do you all think about this?

That is why I prefer trials that are fully functional, but for instance only allow you to write 15 discs or at 2x speed…

I guess he did it this way so that you can’t just reinstall the software when it expires…

Originally posted by Airhead
[B]That is why I prefer trials that are fully functional, but for instance only allow you to write 15 discs or at 2x speed…

I guess he did it this way so that you can’t just reinstall the software when it expires… [/B]

Yes, must be the reason for doing that…kinda bad imho, if i try first release of a software and find it useless, wait six months and see the progress, and wants to try it again…what to do then? Definitely not cough up the money and buy it, remembering how it was the first time i tried it…this is kinda like shooting yerself in the foot, no trials, no people buy your software

Hm I am interested in this software, especially if it ever manages to pull off the same trick as blindwrite in using blackchecks twin sector securerom smashing :slight_smile:

But. I installed a trial version of the software some time ago, it didn’t work: somehow it stopped any of my games verifying even using the original discs in the physical drive. (Sony DDU1621 & also have liteon 24102B) So I uninstalled it of course.

Presumably that was just some bug which will have been fixed by now, so I wouldnt mind giving it another go: but if I cant try it I wont be buying it.

Originally posted by Gorskar
[B]Hm I am interested in this software, especially if it ever manages to pull off the same trick as blindwrite in using blackchecks twin sector securerom smashing :slight_smile:

But. I installed a trial version of the software some time ago, it didn’t work: somehow it stopped any of my games verifying even using the original discs in the physical drive. (Sony DDU1621 & also have liteon 24102B) So I uninstalled it of course.

Presumably that was just some bug which will have been fixed by now, so I wouldnt mind giving it another go: but if I cant try it I wont be buying it. [/B]

I think that that bug now is solved and that the forthcoming release of build 1108 will work, but you are in the same position as i am, you will not be able to try it unless the developers removes the utterly silly “feature” that says “once a trial installed, never a new trial installed”:-(…unless you reinstall the whole operating system!

Isn’t it possible to remove soms keys from the registry? SO Alcohol doesn’t know he was once installed.

Originally posted by ernstblaauw
Isn’t it possible to remove soms keys from the registry? SO Alcohol doesn’t know he was once installed.

I have tried that, using a very nice piece of software called Registry Crawler, but even after removing every remain of the installation it still acts as described, no more trial…obviously there is some kind of key still remaining that i cant find:-(

There are ten million other ways besides the registry.
It could hide some info in normally unused hdd sectors (many sharewares do that), or just hide some silly file in your windows folder or so…
Using the first method its even possible that you install windows again and still cant run the software, only if you completely wipe and format the hdd it will install again…

well guess what i had the trail for 15 days and it just doesnt work anymore…i hear people having sucess copying this copying thats if i cant install a newer version because the developper doesnt have a good uninstaller to completely clean out the registry letting us install another one to see if the product is good and claims to do what it does…then why should i spend my money there i will go somewhere else there are other software out there that dont s### people in the back so guys fix up your acts,i want to but but i also want to try im the consumer u need me i dont need u!!

Hi,

the next alcohol 120% release, which is in beta testing now, will have a different trial period mechanism. It will allow to start the trial period again with new trial version, even if you’ve installed an older trial before.

Sloopy_DE