Alcohol 120% successful copy of Fifa 2003

Just to let you know that Alcohol 120% does let you copy Fifa2003 and I assume other games that use the Safedisc 2.8x protection.

This was on standard safedisc 2 setting for reading and writing with a Lite0n 4012S.

Prefer CloneCd so I hope Olli hurrys up!

Guess the above info is already known.

Looks like Alcohol 120% is the go with Safedisc 2.8x
and Blindwrite with BWA usage is for the new Securom.

Perhaps admin might do a sticky on the topic - save a lot of unneeded posts.

Originally posted by christopher
[B]Guess the above info is already known.

Looks like Alcohol 120% is the go with Safedisc 2.8x
and Blindwrite with BWA usage is for the new Securom.

Perhaps admin might do a sticky on the topic - save a lot of unneeded posts. [/B]

Actually what they should do is create a chart with all known copy-protections (versions where applicable) and list the corresponding programs that can beat them (versions where applicable). So all the necessary information is in one place, not scattered among the various threads. As I’ve been reading the forums constantly the last few days, everyone seems to be asking the same thing: “Can I burn a (insert copy protection here) protected game with (insert burning program here) ?”
The result is the mods constantly repeating themselves for people that haven’t seen the particular thread in which their protection/program was discussed.
The closest I can find is this sticky in the CloneCD forum: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=55007&pagenumber=1 but it deals mainly with SecuRom, and this sticky in this forum: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=50778&pagenumber=1 but that deals mainly with SafeDisc. I think having everything in one place in an easy to understand chart would do everyone a big favor…Not that the mods haven’t been doing everyone favors all along, especially correlating protection version numbers to which games they’re on…:slight_smile:

And as per this topic, I thought the only way to burn a copy of SD2.8X game was with the DiscDump / FireBurner method? I though Alcohol could only mount it on a virtual drive? With so many competing prog’s, it gets confusing…
Edit: it seems that question was answered here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=57530 but as you can see its a lot of jumping around to get all the info

I agree with you there.:slight_smile: But as an extension, there should be an additional list. A list with all the games in alphebitcal Order with the protections they have. Then a forum user simply can look up their game, see what protection it has, then go to the 2nd list and see what programs will allow them to make a backup.

Then any threads regarding how to backup games on the lists be closed and pointed to the 2 charts.

Simple and effective.:bigsmile:

Weshy.

Originally posted by AlienZombie

And as per this topic, I thought the only way to burn a copy of SD2.8X game was with the DiscDump / FireBurner method?

ASUS + CloneCD v4016* = SD2.80.x

*Not the last two at the time of writing

Originally posted by Weshy
A list with all the games in alphabetical order with the protections they have.
Also, mentioned here :bigsmile: and here

Do you think it will work with my asus 32x? Sims Delux, Unleashed, and Age of Mythology ?

Yes, alcohol should be able to copy each of those 3 games with your writer.

Thanks for the 2nd link Futureproof.:slight_smile: The first one is…hmmm…:Z:bigsmile:

Weshy.

Originally posted by sasha79
Do you think it will work with my asus 32x? Sims Delux, Unleashed, and Age of Mythology ?
I don’t think the ASUS 32x can do SD2.5x+

Originally posted by FutureProof
I don’t think the ASUS 32x can do SD2.5x+

I thought it was only the 24x that couldn’t handle sd2.5x+ but that the 32x was ok.

@ sasha79
Can your writer handle games like gta3 and mohaa? If so, then I’m right. If not, then FutureProof is (it’s one of the few asus writers that fp doesn’t own, btw).

Well i’ll try it on rewritable media so i wont burn cdrs for nothing!
And for Securom i’ll try ut2003. Will it be better to use blindwrite or alcohol120%?
I’ve used blindwrite with Lg 8400 and sims deluxe and it wrks fine in the lg with clone’s hide cdr enabled.

@sasha79

if you copy a safedisk protected game with alcohol 120% you don’t need the hide cd-r media option of clonecd.
a securem new protected game needs emulation of alcohol 120% to be played.
if you can live with emulation then use alcohol 120% otherwise you have to use blindwrite if you want a real 1:1 copy of securom new protected games!
note: if you have a liteon drive you should use the version 4.2.1 to create a working copy of securom new protected games as ut2k3 because you can’t create a correct .bwa file of the cd when using bw 4.2.2 and 4.2.3. this is a software problem according to liteon drives. do you want do copy safedisk protected games with blindwrite then you need the hide cd-r media option of clonecd.

so i recommend at the moment:
safedisk: alcohol 120%
securom: blindwrite

but wait what olli can do. maybe clonecd will be able very soon to do the same.

hope this helps:
flo

It seems Alcohol 120% can succesfully copy safedisc 2.8 and can allow us to run games copy protected with Securom NEW on a virtual drive. I have I believe version 1.3.3.1017 of Alcohol 120%. Is this version capable of doing the above or do I need to update?

NO idea i use version 1.3.4…and it works

You say if I am using a Lite-On drive (which I am), I should use Blindwrite 4.2.1 to make a 1:1 backup of a NEW Securom protected game b/c a Lite-On cannot correctly create a .BWA file of the CD.

Can you explain how to go about doing this? I haven’t yet tried to backup a NEW Securom protected CD, but I’d like to know how to go about doing it using a Plextor Reader and a Lite-On 52/24/52 Burner.

Thanks

If you are going to use the liteon as your reader then you should use bw 4.2.1 but when the plextor is your desired reader you can use the current version 4.2.3 without any problems. there should be no problems.

first of all you should create an image of the game you want to copy. second step is to create a bwa file of the original disc of the game. you can do this by using the bwa builder which is placed in der blindwrite directory and called “physical cd characteritic dumper”. the bwa file should have the same name as your image and should be placed in the same directory.
then start burning

or just read the how to bwa doc located in the blindwrite directory!

hope this helps!

BWA format describe the media local density, which is roughly how many sectors fits in a given diameter

The variation of that density is used by some copy protection scheme to make the difference between an original cd and the copy

Blindwrite suite is the first copy tool able to fully extract and reproduce that density variations - thus is the first tool able to produce 1:1 copies of the most recent protection schemes.

How to :

1 - Extract the image of an original CD - subcodes extraction is not mandatory
2 - Extract the media density table, with the provided tool, BWABuilder

Please note :
  • BwaBuilder is a tools with a timing precision of about 6 µS, which make it VERY sensitive to CPU load. When BwaBuilder run, avoid any other operation on your computer
  • BwaBuilder works better with SLOW extraction speed, and without the screen refresh during extraction
  • BwaBuilder may fail completely on some drives - and produce wrong curves. Usually, a nice looking hyperbolic portion with up to 4 zones of “squarewaves” area are a good sign. A few glitches are still acceptable.
  • dumping the table may take long time, up to 2 hours.

3 - in BwaBuilder, save the BWA file in the same folder as the blindwrite image file (BWI), and use the same base name. E.G., if you have extracted SAMPLE.BWI with Blindwrite, save the density table as SAMPLE.BWA in the same folder.

4 - Use Blindwrite to write the image file, use a DAO PW writing mode (preferred), or DAO PQ (not extensively tested to date)

5 - Insert the burned cd into a CD READER ONLY unit (not a writer, or use a ATIP hiding driver, like Insektors or CloneCd tray). The cd shall be identified as the original.

And don’t forget to play only copies of CD you have legally purchased…

Photonic,

Thanks a lot. You guys on this forum are very helpful. I’ll use the Plextor to read. Hope all goes well

you’re welcome
good luck and don’t forget to tell if it works or not!

Thanks for the info !