Alcohol 120% or Alcohol 52%

vbimport

First off, I would like to thank all the members of this forum, as their posts have been very helpful over the last week or so.

I am terrible about my cds, and usually end up losing one daily, and searching for it for a week. Since learning about this program I have ripped about 8 games. I really like the program for its ripping and emulation capabilities. I don’t really care much about burning, since I have nero 6 ultra for anything I want to burn, plus I have originals all set aside so I won’t lose them.

Is their any reason for me to get Alcohol 120%? Should I purchase Alcohol 52%? Or is their a better alternative?

Any suggestions would be helpful, thank you.

well if you nee d to buy legal copy 52% is $35 and 120% is $ 50 well i use 120% coz i burn a lot of protected cds (it make only copies )
or ty it for 30 days first 120% and next 30 days 52%- you will know if you are missing something
http://www.alcohol-software.com/download.php - download trials ( after giving them your or fake mail adress)
( if you do not want to pay $50 you know the other way…)
as a virtual drive deamont tools are cool but its not ripping(free for noncommercial use)

Hi graphical and welcome to the forum :),

if you want to buy one of them I would choose Alcohol 120%.As far as I know the features are the same except that Alcohol 52% has no writing engine and it’s a little bit cheaper.

You may also want to look at daemon tools (www.daemon-tools.cc). It is free (for presonal use) and uses same virtual drive technology as alc. Downside is that it cannot make images for you.