Alcohol 120% failed to copy SD2.8 (Fifa 2003(

I have a Liteon 48125S and used Alcohol 120% to copy Fifa 2003, with the normal Safedisc 2 settings. However when I try to play it it performs an illegal operation and does not work. Why is this? Looks like Alcohol failed on me as well as the other programs :frowning:

Are you attempting to run the back-up from you writer? If so, you’ll need to have hide cd media or an equivalent utility running before doing so.

Also, this game must be run from the drive from which it is installed (unless you hack the registry).

Nope, I used my normal CD-Rom to install and attemp to play the game using the backup - it didn’t work. Has anyone else failed with a Liteon and Alcohol? Maybe it’s the model of my Liteon…not many people seem to have it :confused: it’s 48125S…anyone know how to copy SD2.8 protected games with a Liteon 48125S? CloneCD, BlindSuite, Alcohol 120%, Discdump all failed…

Verify that in the log of Alcohol there are the range of errors from
8xx-10xxx

Originally posted by om33
CloneCD, BlindSuite, Alcohol 120%, Discdump all failed…

What program did you use to burn the discdump image?

Maybe he’s trying to install it from the cd-r and then he plays it on the normal cd reader…
I just backed up successfully Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, which has SD 2.80.xxx with a Liteon 48125S.

I’ve done a couple of working copies of fifa 2003. I used alcohol 120% with the SD 2 profile for reading and copying. My Cdrw is Lite On 40125S and also with PLextor S88T. I was unable to make a copy with Clone Cd (latest) with my Plextor, as for the Liteon i did not try it with CloneCD.

I think that he had Bypass EFM Error option checked. It screws up some copies with some burners when burner can write EFM patterns correctly by itself.

You are correct that I had Bypass EFM Error option checked. But I think you are incorrect when you sau that in some burners when burner can write EFM patterns correctly by itself it screws the copies, cause the Liteons can write EFM patterns correctly and i was able to make the copies using the same settings with a Plextor and with a LiteOn

Originally posted by alwaysilva
You are correct that I had Bypass EFM Error option checked.

Then try again with your Lite-on with it turned off. You don’t need it anyway with the Litey and it may be screwing up your copy.

Well the copy works fine for me. An even tried that copy in two other computers. Do you think with LiteOns it is better to have that option off?