Alcohol 120 doin SECU4.85 now! When is the big Blindwrite comeback?

Hi,

it seems A120 is doing it right now writing SECUROMV4.84> Games installable and playable with emulation (RMPS) of course.

Copies with Blindwrite actually don’T work. Version 5 I also don’t like very much.

Will Blindwrite be equal in Securom-Capability soon ??

(Means: To get AUTOPLAY ON copies to work again like before SECU4.84)

Thanks for info lapinou and all others…

Yes, you are right. Alcohol 120 version 1.4.8 build 1222 makes working copies of the newest Securom Titles such as Chrome, and Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter. They both have the newer versions of 4.84/4.85 and Blindwrite cant handle them with Autoplay ON.

I am sure Lapinou and crew are working on it though. It can only be a matter of time.

Until then, Alcohol and RMPS are my new way to kick Securom 4.8x in the Butt.

They both have the newer versions of 4.84/4.85 and Blindwrite cant handle them with Autoplay ON.
Lets See 4.84 is still doable with most writers and BW5, and 4.85 is still doable with the plextor premium without emulation.

That depends on which version of 4.84. Older versions such as Enter the Matrix 4.84.75.0045, Vietcong 4.84.72.0093 (Both disks), and Delta Force Blackhawk Down 4.84.69.0037 work with BW5, but newer versions of 4.84 such as Chrome 4.84.84.0064 do not anymore

Naturally, if you are blessed to have a Plex Premium, then you dont need emulation and are good to go with all Securom titles.

Of course I can only speak from the viewpoint of a Liteon Burner owner, other burners might have better luck with BW5 and Securom 4.84/85. The most of us on the other hand, can always revert to Alcohol 120 and RMPS

as you can see here Chrome is not SecuRom 4.84

Take your pick

this is the U.S. version

the U.K. version is Safedisc 2.9

Cool posts !!

BUT !!!:

I can’t hear the Plextor statements anymore

What is needed is a solution for ALL burners. Looking at A120 You see it is possible!!

BUT

I have problems with my LG4040b and the new A120 version

here is my test result. Comments and other tests with the LG4040b are very welcome !!

http://forum.alcohol-software.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=9010&st=20#entry40162

Okay,

I made some new tests this evening with the blindwrite image (i will get my original game back next week for A120 image test but copytrooper showed that it isn’t imporant using a BW-image or A120 image)

All tests written with 4x on different CD-RW !

All the time MERCEDES WORLD RACING (i think it doesn’t matter which SECU 4.84> game)

Ok, first several test with the LG4040b and RMPS on

then surface scan with NERO CD Speed - result:

again some red error blocks approx 4-8 on different places depending on the CD-RW I used. It was not possbible to create an error free CD-RW !!!

File test also causing errors.

then I turned RMPS OFF - result: again red error blocks but not that much as with RMPS ON, ca 2-4

All the burned CDs i scanned them with

Tosh1612 DVDROM
LG4040b
Sony CRX140E

all with red blocks!, maybe a bit different placed from drive to drive and from CD-RW to CD-RW

then I burned a Blindwrite AUTOPLAY ON Copy to see if my LG 4040b is still working correctly - result:
Yes, green blocks everywhere and files all okay !! 

Okay, …that means:

the new A120 version and LG4040b doesn’t work together !!

OR IS THERE ANYONE HERE who can tell me the opposite please ??? would be nice !! cause its a very popular burner.

=====

then I exchanged the LG4040b with the good old Sony CRX140E which I always used earlier for the old Securom stuff

Now the result:

with RMPS on ONLY the very first block in NERO CD SPEED SCANDISK is red and 2 red blocks at the very end minus one X… …XX. !!

File check was OK !!! So i can start AND INSTALL the game

with RMPS OFF - all blocks are GREEN !!!

I repeated the burnings and same result !

Isn’t this strange ???

Can’t say i am happy now cause the LG 4040b is not working.

Thanks for comments to improve my burnings or for making Alcohol better in this point

I think its the right way now to go on…

P.S. the game doesn’t start when i burned with RMPS OFF (even if DAEMON RMPS is ON)

Originally posted by kid185
[B]Yes, you are right. Alcohol 120 version 1.4.8 build 1222 makes working copies of the newest Securom Titles such as Chrome, and Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter. They both have the newer versions of 4.84/4.85 and Blindwrite cant handle them with Autoplay ON.

I am sure Lapinou and crew are working on it though. It can only be a matter of time.

Until then, Alcohol and RMPS are my new way to kick Securom 4.8x in the Butt. [/B]

Hi, which burner + write speed did U use ?

Can You please scan your CDs with NERO CD SPEED (Scandisk) ??
are ALL blocks green ? Would like to know

Danke

----- Image verification started -----
HD image is OK
Sector: Bad headers 0 - Bad Edc 0 - Weak 0 - Status 1
File systems: Volumes 2 - files 4716 - folders 970
Volume size 639674 boot 0 Vol ID Chrome CD 2 - 10/14/2003 3:30:00 PM Status 1
----- Image verification ended -----
Microsoft Windows XP Personal Service Pack 2, v.2055 (Build 2600)
Patin-couffin version 18 in use
Blindwrite Version 4.5.7.92
----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----
CAUTION : Using unknown CD writer.
Unit String : "LITE-ON LTR-52327S "
----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----
Microsoft Windows XP Personal Service Pack 2, v.2055 (Build 2600)
Patin-couffin version 18 in use
Blindwrite Version 4.5.7.92
----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----
CAUTION : Using unknown CD writer.
Unit String : "LITE-ON LTR-52327S "
----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----
Unit 1:0:0 - LITE-ON LTR-52327S QS0C [H] (Ide)
Speed Max
VolumeId : “CHROME_CD_2”
Hash : 122E7061010FA37F17E4E958DB1943C1DF412E14
HD image “CHROME_CD_2.BWT”
Physical media informations (BWA) found.
BWA support by TwinPeak technique is used
Writing mode : DAO PW
Sectors read : 320920
Sectors built: 0
CD is complete

I posted the log here for Chrome and although I used BlindWrite 4.5.7, BlindWrite has been making back-ups of these since they came out (long before this version of alcohol), and the back-ups work just fine. BW5 is having some issues with securom 4.85 that should be fixed soon. This should work for most writers and not create any problems.
And a scan disk Image

If you’ll check the log you’ll see everything was done with a Lite-On 523272

Kamikazee…you are in germany…get a copy of chrome from one of your friends, and check the copy protection…

Cloney tells me the german version is exactly like on the copybase website…4.84.84.0064.

hi, I didn’t see this thread before today, as nobody write me directly …
cool to know that securom 4.85 is possible to backup, and yes we are lame on this case. for sure we will go on to work on it, but it takes time and the lack of direct communication cost us so much time…

Originally posted by lapinou
hi, I didn’t see this thread before today, as nobody write me directly …
cool to know that securom 4.85 is possible to backup, and yes we are lame on this case. for sure we will go on to work on it, but it takes time and the lack of direct communication cost us so much time…

do you mean the lack of communication between the developers?

No, i’m not in Germany I am in Colorado

no I mean the lack of feedback from “expert” users of cdfreaks. which always prefer complains in the forums than contact me directly. so we are loosing time to fix things because we are not aware of.

Just to let you know,

I am able to backup SecuROM 4.85.xx with BW5 (5.03+) and AutoPlay…

Reference : May Payne 2 with SecuROM 4.85.04.0018

I’m no expert… I’m a newbie!

But what’s the hardest securom protection found, i might give it a try…

I couldnt get Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter (German version) Securom 4.85.00.0001 to work with Blindwrite 5 and autoplay. Not to mention Chrome (german version) 4.84.84.0064. (Already mentioned above in thread)

I think the Blindwrite crew will get the problem sorted out eventually though.

Both games work well with Alcohol, but only with RMPS enabled. NO Virtual Drives, No hide Atip.

By the way…When RMPS is enabled, you dont need to choose hide ATIP for the games copied with Alcohol (DPM enabled) to work in the Burner. At least my copies of Chrome and MGBH work in both my DVD and Burner, without having Hide ATIP checked.

Just to let you know,

I am able to backup SecuROM 4.85.xx with BW5 (5.03+) and AutoPlay…

Reference : May Payne 2 with SecuROM 4.85.04.0018

I’m no expert… I’m a newbie!

But what’s the hardest securom protection found, i might give it a try…

what writer did you use, I ask because of course the Plex. Premium can do it.

Originally posted by lapinou
no I mean the lack of feedback from “expert” users of cdfreaks. which always prefer complains in the forums than contact me directly. so we are loosing time to fix things because we are not aware of.

OK ! Just tell me/us what to do. I can test everything and report to what You need. Just say what.

@kamikazee: Was machst n in Colorado ? Haribos verkaufen oder mit Martina Navratilova ski fahren kicher
GUTEN RUTSCH !! :wink:

By the way I can confirm HOMEWORLD 2 and CHROME are okay with the A120 and burned with the old SONY CRX 140 E (all german versions)!!

Can someone do a test please with an LG 4040b ?  Please see my problem like above described THANKS !!!  AND HAPPY NEW BLINDWRITE YEAR IN ADVANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hope version 5 will make it soon - also DVD ;) )

@kamikazee

I used a 2 sheep reader/writer (GCC-4520B) with BW 5.03+

The problem is to workaround the ATIP from getting read by SecuROM > 4.85.

Even Plextor Premium wont help in that case.
(Just maybe Plextor Professional Tools Hide CDR option might be usefull)

Look at this thread for reference :
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80652

The proof of concept is to use a plain cd-reader. (not writer)

I have a special workaround for cd-writers, PM me if you want more details…

Originally posted by kamikazee
what writer did you use, I ask because of course the Plex. Premium can do it.

Plextor Permium can cut thru these no problems, I just wanted to see what you used for your copy and make sure you didn’t use the PP to do it. If your using a cd hack we don’t count that as a good copy.

@kamikazee

What you mean by cdhack ?

As you should know, SecuROM >= 4.85 have a newer ATIP Detection.

I am afraid to tell you that software tools alike CloneCD hide CDR, PcAtip Filter, doesn’t work too well with newer SecuROM >= 4.85

(Even if you are using a 3 sheep reader/writer that wont fix the ATIP detection problem. (i.e Plextor Premium XYZ))

Essentially, there’s four main solutions :

1. The easiest way to solve the ATIP detection problem is to use a “Virtual Drive” that will not answer to any ATIP request.
    (i.e: Daemon Tools…)

(The Virtual Drive isn’t necessarely used for Emulation, but rather CDR ATIP hiding…)

1. The second way would be to use the CDR over CD-ROM Reader Only. (Not CD-Writers)

2. The third way would be to disable SecuROM from reading the ATIP.

3. The fourth way would be to instruct the CD-Writers to not answer to any ATIP request. (Firmware hack ?)

I saw some Plextor Drives having Special Command Set…

(MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE VARIREC FORCESPEED SINGLESESSION HIDECDR)

Finally,

I already tested solutions (1-2-3) and they are working very fine for me!

Originally posted by kamikazee
Plextor Permium can cut thru these no problems, I just wanted to see what you used for your copy and make sure you didn’t use the PP to do it. If your using a cd hack we don’t count that as a good copy.