Alcohol 120% - Can't adjust read speed when making images

Alcohol 120% seems to be stuck on ‘maximum’ read speed no matter what I set it to. If I pick 20x and start the image creation process, the drive ends up working it’s way up to 40x anyway (Alcohol displays the read speed so I can tell). How can you get it to limit the read speed?

Note that it also does this if I go into the options and change all the default read speeds for the different profiles.

No one else has run into this problem?

Edit: Okay, I just found out it’s not Alcohol… every program does this. Disc Dump, CloneCD, Nero; attempting to limit my read speed in all of these programs doesn’t work. Why would this be?

hi, I don’t use often Alcohol 120% but in the build 1027 I remember that I tryed to limit reading speed to 16X, I was reading a SD2 protected disk, but after bad secors the drive smootly spin up to 40+ X…
I have the 40125S…

Originally posted by AdriAgri
hi, I don’t use often Alcohol 120% but in the build 1027 I remember that I tryed to limit reading speed to 16X, I was reading a SD2 protected disk, but after bad secors the drive smootly spin up to 40+ X…
I have the 40125S…

That’s exactly what happens to me, although now I realize it doesn’t work for all my other CD ripping software such as CloneCD and Disc Dump.

I’ll check this out in the beta forum for you. Read speed only matters for CD-DA and PSX (to account for any Full Motion Video and any Red Book audio - usually not present, contained therein); otherwise read at max.

Originally posted by FutureProof
I’ll check this out in the beta forum for you. Read speed only matters for CD-DA and PSX (to account for any Full Motion Video and any Red Book audio - usually not present, contained therein); otherwise read at max.

Thanks. I was under the impression that it might be better to limit your read speed when reading certain SecuROM protected discs, because there was a chance of subchannel data corruption. I’ve always read at max anyway, but I guess I was just trying to approach the new SecuROM discs with precaution.