Alcohol 120% beats them all

Well, i got the latest version of Clone and what a disappointment it is, a waste of time for the latest protection.
Tried the latest version of Blindwrite and it is far too slow. To get and image of NFS HP2 took over one hour using the BWA builder so I am not getting that.
Tried the latest version of Alcohol 120% (1.34.1106) and it made the NFS HP2 image in 6 mins and burnt it in a bit over 3 mins so I am not wasting any more time with the rest, just went to the site and purchased the product.
Oh, it works perfectly using a Liteon 48125W and a Plextor 24/10/40A to make and image and to burn with.
Was hoping to get 68% only but it is not available yet, still I would rather burn with 120% and waste about Aust$40 than to muck around making an image with one programe then burning with another and hope it works.
I purchased Clone many years ago and have enjoyed using it but it is now a sorry piece of software compared to Alcohol.
The last update to Clone before version 4.1 was way back in July.
I am going to copy UT2003 tonight when i get the discs so I will see how that goes.

So you mean that so far Alcohol does SD2.8x

Some forums around are saying only that Blindwrite is your answer for UT2003 so it looks like Alcohol has 1 protection it cannot get through

Am I missing something here?? NFS HP2, is´nt it Safedisc?
BWA builder aint it meant to newest Securom?
So if I´m correct here, your statement “is now a sorry piece of software”, should mean “is now a sorry piece of backupper” :wink:

here someone getting wrong

I know that Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 has Safedisc V2.8 and it won’t copy using Clone CD but is no problem using Alcohol. Just put the cd in and it installs and plays just like the original.

Originally posted by SHadOWz
I am going to copy UT2003 tonight when i get the discs so I will see how that goes.

Please post your experiences here.

Alcohol 120% copies Safedisc version 2.8 without any problems.
I copied Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, put the cd in a second pc, installed it and it runs fine.
I installed from the original cd on my pc and started the game using the copy with no problems

I merged the two threads.

@ SHadOWz

What I meant is the long reading time with BW could be shorter as the BWA builder is to my knowledge not needed with safedisk.

About CloneCD I agree that they seems to have fallen behind the other programs, but I think they will come up with something.

I will look into Alcohol sometime, but as BW solved my problem about backing up UT2003 it may take a while.

I know that Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 has Safedisc V2.8 and it won’t copy using Clone CD but is no problem using Alcohol. Just put the cd in and it installs and plays just like the original.

Fia 2003 with the ame protection fails with my Liteon 40125W and XXX330 AlcoholVersion (Alcohol said not supported writer)

Originally posted by HotBlack
[B]@ SHadOWz

What I meant is the long reading time with BW could be shorter as the BWA builder is to my knowledge not needed with safedisk.[/B]

Can someone please verify whether WBA Builder is needed with Safedisc 2.8x?

Have I gotten this right? Alcohol120% 1.3.3.1030 will make a 1:1 of safedisc 2.8x, but isn’t quite up to Securom NEW? On the other hand Blindwrite Suite 4.2.1 will make 1:1 backups of both protections? And I only need WBA builder when I’m dealing with Securom NEW?

Alcohol handles sd 2.8x and can make image of latest securom that will run from virtual drive but cannot successfully burn latest securom.

Blindwrite with bwa builder can handle latest securom but cannot handle sd 2.8x. Blindread image is ok if burnt with fireburner but fails if burnt with blindwrite.

Bwa builder is only required for latest securom.

SHadOWz did you backup NFS:HP2 with your Plex 24/10/40 and play it without a No-CD EXE? Also what firmware is your Plex and what speed did you do your backup at?

I just can’t seem to get a 1:1 backup of NFS:HP2. I also have the Plex 24/10/40.

That cleared it up for me.

Alcohol120% for safedisc 2.8x.
BlindWrite Suite 4.2.1 with wba builder for Securom NEW later than 4.77.x.

I can backup my NFS6 by using latest Alcohol but the cd is only readable in my writer (Ricoh RW7200A) and can’t read in my Pioneer DVD-ROM(program want the original CD).

I successfully backed The Sims Unleashed (Safedisc 2.8) with my Asus CRW-4012a. My backup plays on my Litey LTD 165h and Toshiba SD-M1402 dvd-rom. I was also successfull using a Memorex MAXX 24x as well :smiley: CloneCD DOES copy Safedisc 2.8 with proper burner and dvd/cd-rom. This was already confirmed by FutureProof and he was also successfull using Paddus DiscJuggler.

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

I got UT2003 but Alcohol failed to copy it 1:1 so I guess I will have to wait and see if it gets updated to fix this problem.
I tried both Secure Rom New and Secure Rom New v4 with no luck.

the thread clearly states that alcohol cannot backup UT2003 1:1

it also says to use BW with BWA builder in order to accomplish a working backup (although its not 1:1)

this is one of those RFTM(essage) days

Alcohol 120% copies Safedisc version 2.8 without any problems.
I copied Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, put the cd in a second pc, installed it and it runs fine.
I installed from the original cd on my pc and started the game using the copy with no problems

I Installed UT 2003 in EXACTLY the same way…install the original and run from copy…using Clone CD latest and it worked here.

Got a 40125S converted to a 48125W Lite On.

What I want to know is that if Alcohol does work like Daemon Tools, does it have to create an image of the game in the HD to be able to play it?

I tried to make a backup with my Plextor 2410A of a program that has ProtectCD VOB protection, according to Clony XXL.
Alcohol 120 % could not make an image so I tried again with datatype ProtectCD VOB V5 but again the program could not make an image.
It says that it cannot take DPM into disc from disc from this device.
Very strange as my burner is in the list of supported drives.

So pls. don’t say that Alcohol beats them all because it does not !