Alcohol 120% beats Safedisk with zero sheep writer

Who needs ccd!?

alcohol 120% can just perfectly back-up SD protected cd’s with a zero sheep writer without the need off emulation of any kind.

tested it with my Sanyo CRD BP4N 16/10/40 SCSI writer that has a zero sheep rating
succesfully backed-up F1 2002, Mafia, Sims Unleashed and SOF II
all with the standard SD 2 settings in Alcohol 120% (except that i set the read speed to 12X)
And the write options also standard SD 2 settings, with bypass EFM error’s enabled. (also write speed set at 12X, limited by media)

read device: Asus DVD E616 (firmware 2.0)
write device : Sanyo CRD BP4N 16/10/40 SCSI writer (firmware 4.32)

the back-up installs and plays without any problem in the asus E616 DVD, plextor ultraplex 40 max cdrom drive, pioneer 116S DVD and cyberdrive 52 speed cdrom drive.

Was the Alcohol120% icon loaded in system tray while playing backups?

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

nope

i also tested the back-up on a system that had never any back-up software installed.

Originally posted by Maelstrom
[B]
alcohol 120% can just perfectly back-up SD protected cd’s with a zero sheep writer without the need off emulation of any kind.

tested it with my Sanyo CRD BP4N 16/10/40 SCSI writer that has a zero sheep rating
[/B]

Sheep rating? Not to sound stupid but I am new here, so what is a sheep rating and how do I know what I have?

sheep rating tells you if your writer is able to write regular bit patterns correctly.
wich was an importand feature for a cd writer, since it depends on it to write a succesfull back-up of a safedisk protected cd.

zero sheep: Drive does not write regular bit patterns correctly
one sheep : Drive writes regular bit patterns almost correctly.
two sheep : Drive writes regular bit patterns correctly

for zero and one sheep writers its software depand if it can write a back-up of a sd protected cd.
two sheep writers can make a back-up with any program that alows DAO RAW writing mode.

check this list and see if your writer is in the list
then look at the table correct EFM encoding, and see how many sheeps your writer gets.

this is the famous sheep rating :bigsmile:

Thanks for the reply, it definately helped me

NP :slight_smile:

that’s why we are here on a forum, to help each other.