Alcohol 120% and SecuRom *Supernew*

Can alcohol 120% make a copy of the very new securom ?

I’ve tried with the profile for securom 4x but the backup is just spining.

Is there any guide or something to help bakcup hitman2 with alcohol or I must use BW?

Thanks

Alcohol at this time can not make a physical copy of a Securom 4.8xx game without some third party support. It CAN emulate a image made of a Securom 4.8xx game, and quite well I might add. If you want to burn a copy of a Securom 4.8xx game using Alcohol you will need Blindwrite’s BWA builder and a copy of Blackcheck’s Twinpeaks program.

BTW- with securom supersupernew (NOLF 2 version 1.0.0.2) Alcohol 120 cant even EMULATE the game

(alcohol 120 got blacklisted, so you have to use daemon tools to play it, but that will work until a new version of alcohol 120 comes out that is not blacklisted)

sorry for my poor english

what do you mean by "Alcohol was blacklisted ",
how does it works??

and if it got blacklisted, what sholuld I do?
Can I just uninstall it???

I know Twinpeaks
but what is “Blackcheck’s Twinpeaks program”??

sorry Lots of things I don’t understand…

Originally posted by mayday
[B]
what do you mean by "Alcohol was blacklisted ",
how does it works??

and if it got blacklisted, what sholuld I do?
Can I just uninstall it???

I know Twinpeaks
but what is “Blackcheck’s Twinpeaks program”??

sorry Lots of things I don’t understand… [/B]

1. The copy protection checks (at start) if there is Alcohol installed on your PC. If it detects Alcohol, the mounted image (game) won´t start.
    So you say Alcohol is blacklisted … You have to wait for a newer version of alcohol, which isn´t blacklisted anymore.

2. The same. Blackcheck is the creator of Twinpeak and he discovered how to fool securom supernew…:bow:

all you need is blindwrite and use the BWA builder supplied. It works

just use alcohol for SD and BW for SecuRom, isn´t it?

:wink:

Next Alcohol version (not released yet), will have a feature similar to BlindWrite’s AutoPlay :slight_smile:

…and BW for SecuRom, isn´t it?

But for SecuROM you need BW installed on your comp, otherwise it doesn’t work. Am I right or not, because I really have no idea any more.

I hope there will be a version (CloneCD/BlindWrite-Read/Alcohol/etc) which can make a copy what doesn’t need any program to be installed. Is this maybe the Twinpeaks method?

Originally posted by Namoh
[B]

But for SecuROM you need BW installed on your comp, otherwise it doesn’t work. Am I right or not, because I really have no idea any more.

I hope there will be a version (CloneCD/BlindWrite-Read/Alcohol/etc) which can make a copy what doesn’t need any program to be installed. Is this maybe the Twinpeaks method? [/B]

Twinpeacks method has been blacklisted and doesn’t work with securom 4.84
A 1:1 copy, that doesn’t require any software installed CAN’T BE DONE, because the securom>4.77 and Vob protect cd v5 use special media that there aren’t on the merket, so you have to emulate!

Originally posted by luciano

Twinpeacks method has been blacklisted and doesn’t work with securom 4.84

Well the alcohol virtual drive in the current official release was blacklisted in that version.

However, I’m not convinced yet that the twinpeak method has been.

New alcohol isn’t blacklisted
It can also burn securom 4.8x

Yep, latest version of alcohol released today can burn securom supernew successfully but alcohol does have to be installed on the system for the back-up copy to work.

In this respect it’s similar to blindwrite’s autoplay function so it’s not a true working copy, of course. However, I can confirm that this new feature works and works well. :slight_smile:

anyone knows if a backup of a SecuRom Supernew protected game using alcohol , will work with new game patches? (may new SecuRom update :bigsmile: )

Yes, it’s working with latest game patches :slight_smile:

2 more questions:

1. Is it possible from Sony to blacklist alcohol’s emulation ?

2. Can a copy of a bakcup be made?

Originally posted by DiAvOl
[B]2 more questions:

1. Is it possible from Sony to blacklist alcohol’s emulation ?

2. Can a copy of a bakcup be made? [/B]

1. Yes, it’s very probable that upcoming SecuROM versions will blacklist the current Alcohol emulation. However, there’s always a way to bypass the blacklisting, as Venom386 prooved with Daemon-Tools.

2. I’m not 100% sure, but I think so, as no physical protection is burned, but as I said I’m not 100% sure. You should ask this question at the Alcohol’s official forum.

Just for the record, Blindwrite (v4.2.4 at least) made a backup of NOLF2 that works after being patched to 1.2 which is Securom 4.84 protected without any emulation etc.

I used a Liteon 24102B for read and write.

That’s because you used the AutoPlay feature :bigsmile:

you cant make a 1:1 copy of securom 4.8
you always have to emulate.

so you have BW running in the background, else it will NOT work.
try your back-up on a system with no back-up software installed.
you’ll see that “suddenly” your back-up dont work anymore