Alcohol 120% 1.3.3.1017 Released

Today Alcohol Soft has released Alcohol 120% 1.3.3.1017. Here is the change log.

1.Fix some minor bugs
2.Fix some language support problems
3.Add "Performance Graphic " function, user can see this function in the process dialog after dumping/recording process.

4.Add two new minor features (suggested by zongyou)
(a) inputable memory buffer size value (in early version, user only can us up/down key to change it)
(b) Save dumping log with image file automatically.
5.Change “Turn off” “JustSpeed/Optimum Write Speed” to “Turn off” Auto-Select best write speed function if possible
6.Support 13 different languages now included :
English, German, French, Hungarian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, Czech, Greek, Serbian, Croatian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese

More about Alcohol 120%

Downloading Alcohol 120% trial version now

Can it handle safedisc 2.8x?

Or SecuROM 4?

Originally posted by Airhead
Or SecuROM 4?

I’d assumed that it can’t do that. :frowning: They’d be shouting from the rooftops if it could. :wink:

Woooooh, another player on the burning market
Good for the competitive spirit
Tried it and liked it.
Has the potential to be a great program for here to stay

Originally posted by philamber
I’d assumed that it can’t do that. :frowning: They’d be shouting from the rooftops if it could. :wink:

Yeah I know that it was to ask for too much :slight_smile:
But maybe successfull emulation atleast… Oh well, I guess it’s good for something :slight_smile:

No One has said anything about a succesful emulation yet either, they want way to much to do nothing more than anyone else, still no good reason to buy this yet, no matter what they say. They said they were beta testing some things to do the new protections, but out comes a new release with no improvement or help… What a waste.

Does anybody experience the problem that the clockspeed of the CPU is wrongly detected? It says I got an Athlon @ 30Mhz. Damn that’s slow :)…

Maybe it’s because I overclocked my CPU (1533Mhz)?

So, what advantage does this program have over Daemon tools? The only thing I can see is that it allows for a ton of drives. Does anyone really need this? What’s more, Daemon tools doesn’t cost anything. Just a bit confused over here on my side of the pond. Feel free to drop me a clue. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Smabbage
So, what advantage does this program have over Daemon tools? The only thing I can see is that it allows for a ton of drives. Does anyone really need this? What’s more, Daemon tools doesn’t cost anything. Just a bit confused over here on my side of the pond. Feel free to drop me a clue. :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides doing emulation (which Daemon Tools does extremely well IMO), Alcohol 120% also handles image creation, image burning, and CD copying too.

Ah, so it’s a burning package too. Clue received. :eek:

It’s also how the program handles itself…

Automatically making a file name out of the CD Joliet thingy if it can find one, the quick folder creation (from within the software) for dumping an image into… small things that add up and keep the annoyance factor well away when using the software. thumbs up. :smiley:

Could be priced lower, about ten euro or so lower, oh well, let’s see how things play out, have an eye to getting a legitimate serial for this…

>>X<<

Originally posted by philamber

Sometimes… silence could be good… other times not so good… You figure it out…

/Ljugtomten, Translator and beta tester of Alcohol 120%…

I tried this program and the only thing I know is that my pc didn’t crash like with D-Tools, so even if I have to pay, I don’t mind.

Another thing, the newest news submission says

Alcohol 120% seems to be the first software that is able to make backups of both the latest SecuROM protected games and the latest SafeDisc 2.8x protected games.

SafeDisc and SecuROM are the most used protections and it seems that the developers of Alcohol now have succesfully beaten both protections.

So does that mean the newest version can make copies of like UT2003?

Originally posted by dfourthhorseman
So does that mean the newest version can make copies of like UT2003?

You should know from reading other threads in this forum that this software (reportedly) can read images taken of SecuROM New games. Can’t burn them to disc still, but being able to read an image is essentially half way there. :slight_smile:

Incidentally, I’d love to be able to use this program, but whenever I try to create an image, it always crashes. I don’t have this problem with CD Mate, Fireburner or any other software.

No not yet, In the next release “maybe” but you know how that goes, if they were certain they all could do it (betatesters) then they would have released it already. And read closely, it is emulation not 1:1 copy

So much for “latest” huh? But the newest version can emulate it right? Is that what they were saying? I’ve had a hellish month with term tests/finals and haven’t caught up with any of this.

Btw, saturnotaku, you really should update your Plextor’s firmware to 1.04 if you haven’t already.

just read that the latest beta can do SD2.8 too… i guess it’s goin really well!

when is the beta going public???!!! :bow:

Yes, I’ts true that the new Beta of Alcohol 120% CAN write copies of SD 2.8…

But It needs some tweakings and stuff to be sure to be capable of writing all discs protected by it… Sofar, some discs protected by SD 2.8 has been copied, and ran without any kind of emulation.

The beta just went public today, I downloaded it but haven’t tried it yet. Why can’t I just update it? It tells me I gotta uninstall then install the new version, hope my settings are saved.