Alc 120: future solution for SD 2.9?

Hi,

I have a Plextor Premium and I cannot backup “MoH Breakthrough” or “Jedi Academy”.
The mounted images work fine though.

I am not that eager to buy a new burner every 2 months or so either.

Will there be a solution for SD 2.9 (and up) the same way that you did with Securom 4.8?
That you can burn it on a CD and then have the SD 2.9 protection emulated like RMPS and Securom 4.8 ?

The current SD Emulation in Alkohol doesn’t solve that problem unfortunately.

faust

Alcohol already supports SafeDisc 2.90 without any emulation (not all burners can encode EFM errors correctly). Make sure you’re using the latest version.

Well,

I have a Plextor Premium (with latest Firmware) and the latest version of Alcohol and still cannot backup the latest SD 2.9 titles.

I also see that other people with Liteon 52 burners have problems.

For example:

My backup of “Medal of Honor: Breakthrough” starts only in my Plextor Premium Drive (with “ignore media type” activated) but not in my Toshiba DVD Rom 1612.
However the mounted image works perfectly.

I understand that this is more a problem of the hardware then the software but an emulation like solution (like RMPS for Securom) would help us immensely.

What I would like to do is to burn SD 2.9 on a CD and then insert it in my Toshiba DVD Rom drive so that it runs with some (invisible) emulation of Alcohol running in the background.

Thanks.

faust

I have the same problem with MOHAAB and the plextor premium…it only works on that drive…all others give the .tmp errors. the liteons work alot better for me with alc 120 and do make fairly good backups of sd2.9…though they still wont work on my lattops toshiba crap dvd/cdrw drive…

i heard a rumor that the next version of plexs firmware will take care of this problem so we can hope.

You can enable bad sectors emulation.

Hi,

unfortunately “bad sector emulation” doesn’t help with SD 2.9.

The backup only works in the Plextor Ptremium Burner no matter whether it “Bad Sector” emu is on or not.
It doesn’t work in the Toshiba 1612 DVD Rom at all.

faust

Are you all using the latest Alcohol version?

Yes,

I am using Alc 120 147 ( 1005).
No luck with SD 2.9 emulation.

Please offer us a solution (like for Securom) quickly.

faust

Have you made sure that you have Bypass EFM unchecked. It is under General/Recording/data type settings/ recording options tab.

if your CDRW is a 2 sheep burner this needs to be unchecked for Safedisc 2.9 or higher to work

Originally posted by faust1103
[B]Yes,

I am using Alc 120 147 ( 1005).
No luck with SD 2.9 emulation.

Please offer us a solution (like for Securom) quickly.

faust [/B]

hate to say try different software but try bw5 with autoplay it was the only way to get my copy to work on all my drives.

i still use alc120 for my sd2.9 backups but thats becuase i have a ASUS 5224A also…

Well I have a Liteon LTR - 52246S and I have made archive copies of Halo and today Call of duty which I beleive uses SD 2.9 and 3.1 respectively using alchohol 120. They work on fine on with just ignore media type set in alchohol on my other computers.

Originally posted by lilchina1
Well I have a Liteon LTR - 52246S and I have made archive copies of Halo and today Call of duty which I beleive uses SD 2.9 and 3.1 respectively using alchohol 120. They work on fine on with just ignore media type set in alchohol on my other computers.

yes thats a known sd 2.9+ killer…the plex premium is hit and miss id say its more like a 1.5 sheep burner…alc120 runs fine with my liteon 52327s also with sd2.9 titles and just hide cdr on.

What with BYPASS EFM checked or unchecked? Have you tried it?

Why not to create a new Bypass EFM option that will amplify correctly weak sectors for 1.5sheep burners?

Bypass EFM Error is a more advanced technology than CloneCD’s Amplify Weak Sectors.

Lite-Ons in general are not good with sd2.9, but the newer versions of the programs like CloneCd and maybe Alcohol can emulate these sectors. If you emulate, the backup will run in ALL drives.

Btw. I’ve got Halo and it has sd2.7 are there other releases that use sd2.9?

I used all my lite-on drives to make a copy of C&C generals Zero Hour, but the only thing that made a working copy was CloneCd 4.3.1.x.
Blindwrite with the use of autoplay can do it too.

Other ways to copy this title failed. They would play in all Lite-On drives including the older cd-rom players, but not in Samsung combo drive. Strangely they DO run on toshiba drives. Does this mean Toshiba isn’t that pickey after all?

Originally posted by Jay Sea
[B]Lite-Ons in general are not good with sd2.9, but the newer versions of the programs like CloneCd and maybe Alcohol can emulate these sectors. If you emulate, the backup will run in ALL drives.

Btw. I’ve got Halo and it has sd2.7 are there other releases that use sd2.9?

I used all my lite-on drives to make a copy of C&C generals Zero Hour, but the only thing that made a working copy was CloneCd 4.3.1.x.

Other ways to copy this title failed. They would play in all Lite-On drives including the older cd-rom players, but not in Samsung combo drive. Strangely they DO run on toshiba drives. Does this mean Toshiba isn’t that pickey after all? [/B]

my goldstar gcc-420n laptop cdrw is more picky than the toshibas

is that the latest version of clonecd your using?

halo is sd2.7 (maybe with a patch it goes to 2.9 but that wont matter for the burn).

Originally posted by Lvsitano
Bypass EFM Error is a more advanced technology than CloneCD’s Amplify Weak Sectors.

Yes; but if Plextor Premium isn’t a true 2 sheep burner that can’t write correctly weak sectors, is possibile to modify Bypass EFM option in a way it can write correctly them?

Originally posted by Jay Sea
[B]Lite-Ons in general are not good with sd2.9, […]

Other ways to copy this title failed. They would play in all Lite-On drives including the older cd-rom players, but not in Samsung combo drive. Strangely they DO run on toshiba drives. Does this mean Toshiba isn’t that pickey after all? [/B]

Uh, My Litey (52327S) made a backup in Alc120 just fine. Havent tried anything else yet.

Only tested it in my liteon and an ancient Creative Labs drive.

Also my plex premium is not EFM 100% writer…
Tested with SD3.10. It’s generates errors from sector 304 :frowning:
With master LG 40X12X40X is all OK (the errors start from sector 803).

Argg Plextor :frowning: