Albert Hofmann, father of drug LSD, dies in Switzerland

vbimport

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080430/ap_on_re_eu/obit_hofmann

Good article. :slight_smile:

Guess he had one final ‘bad trip’ and it did him in! LOL

RIP!!! Albert Hofmann
:bow: :bigsmile:

Seems LSD is good for longevity. He was 102 yrs old…

[QUOTE=Bob;2053630]Seems LSD is good for longevity. He was 102 yrs old…[/QUOTE]

seems like Bob…at least I can dream about living that long…or am I really dead and my trip is just lasting this long? hmmmm who knows

Turn on,Tune in, Drop out :bigsmile: but Leary didn’t live that long i don’t believe and i’m to lazy to search :\

naw i think he died in his late 60’s or early 70’s.

GENEVA - Albert Hofmann, the father of the mind-altering drug LSD whose medical discovery inspired — and arguably corrupted — millions in the 1960s hippie generation, has died. He was 102.
Wowzers, 102! I’m gonna need some Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!

It did lots of good things as well. It made Pink Floyd and was a muse for John Lennon and the Rolling Stones.

For decades after LSD was banned in the late 1960s, Hofmann defended his invention.

“I produced the substance as a medicine. … It’s not my fault if people abused it,” he once said.
Should’ve got him the Nobel peace price (look up with what things Nobel made his massive fortune!)

The Swiss chemist discovered lysergic acid diethylamide-25 in 1938 while studying the medicinal uses of a fungus found on wheat and other grains at the Sandoz pharmaceuticals firm in asel.

I hear there’s even LSD in bananas! :slight_smile: