Alba TV signal problem

hi my small alba tv will no longer pick up a signal i hav been told the reciever is at fault can i firstly,get one and if its possible to get it woud it be simple to fit. thanks jacko

Hi jacko2204 and welcome to the forums. :flower:

Just buy a Freeview box and connect it to the TV.

You’ll get far more channels than your TV’s analogue receiver ever picked up as well.

If the digital switchover hasn’t happened in your area yet then you’ll need an outside aerial as well.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=jacko2204;2568317]hi my small alba tv will no longer pick up a signal i hav been told the reciever is at fault can i firstly,get one and if its possible to get it woud it be simple to fit. thanks jacko[/QUOTE]

Well if you in the US might be time to spend just a little more and get a small LCD TV and get a small digital HD indoor receiver and hook that to the TV and get better receptions. I know they have those converter box but just spending a little more for LCD TV and HD indoor receiver would go a long way to help you enjoy your viewing pleasure more to come.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2568361]Well if you in the US might be time to spend just a little more and get a small LCD TV and get a small digital HD indoor receiver and hook that to the TV and get better receptions. I know they have those converter box but just spending a little more for LCD TV and HD indoor receiver would go a long way to help you enjoy your viewing pleasure more to come.[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell he’s based in the UK.

Freeview boxes can be had for as little as £15 now though which is pretty cheap.

[B]Wombler[/B]

…and will provide you with many digital channels, TV and radio.