Alas, Overburning Bug-free Firmwares for Lite-On!

Strengthen the stability of the “OVERBURN” function ???

This means that the Firmware is Overburning Capacity Determining Bug-free.

I personally tested & confirmed that:

SS0E of LTR-48246S &

1S07 of LTR-48125S

are Overburn Bug free.

Hooray! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I used a Princo 2x-48x rated CD-R. Test thru Nero CD Speed. Simulaton stopped @ 82.XX mins in both drives with new f/ws.

However, 48246S could overburn slightly more.

Hey Darshan, why the ALAS?? :smiley:
It should be something like YESSSS!!
:smiley: :smiley:

I think he meant “At Last”. . .

Originally posted by Prowler
I think he meant “At Last”. . .

Bingo! Thats what I meant. :slight_smile:

I was waiting for bug-free F/W for long.

what about 48246k :(. seems this burner is an unwanted child.:confused::frowning:

Originally posted by enio
what about 48246k :(. seems this burner is an unwanted child.:confused::frowning:

Bah! This burner is brand new. It probably came shipped with the overburning bug fix already integrated.

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]

Bah! This burner is brand new. It probably came shipped with the overburning bug fix already integrated. [/B]

Yeah, dhc014 is right. Have u tried Overburning Simulation for checking if 48246k determines the actual overburning capacity???

Hi,

Well I have tried an range of discs to overburn on my 48246K and it works wery well i belive. I can overburn an Platinum 48x 90 min to 95:47:39 :cool:

But when I try to overburn an Platinum Prof. (Ritek) 48x 100 min even though I have typed in 99:59:59 as test capacity it automatic sets the test capacity down to 99:57:00 when I start the test and reports when done…

“Writing stopped without an error.
Use larger value of the maximum capacity.”

Any others with simmilar experiences?

Originally posted by jan70
[B]Hi,

Well I have tried an range of discs to overburn on my 48246K and it works wery well i belive. I can overburn an Platinum 48x 90 min to 95:47:39 :cool:

But when I try to overburn an Platinum Prof. (Ritek) 48x 100 min even though I have typed in 99:59:59 as test capacity it automatic sets the test capacity down to 99:57:00 when I start the test and reports when done…

“Writing stopped without an error.
Use larger value of the maximum capacity.”

Any others with simmilar experiences? [/B]

Tried overburning simulation on any 74 or 80 min CD-Rs?

Yes I have… with the following:

[B]BASF 16x (CMC - Type 0) 74 min overburned to 77:22:39

Platinum 48x (Unknown - Type 5) 80 min overburned to 83:25:10

Intenso 8x (Unknown - Type 1) 28 min overburned to 28:57:45
[/B]

Originally posted by jan70
[B]Yes I have… with the following:

[B]BASF 16x (CMC - Type 0) 74 min overburned to 77:22:39

Platinum 48x (Unknown - Type 5) 80 min overburned to 83:25:10

Intenso 8x (Unknown - Type 1) 28 min overburned to 28:57:45
[/B] [/B]

So, we can safely say that 48246k F/W is Overburning Bug free.

:slight_smile:

Yeah, I hope so… But still it is funny that I can not get any result for overburning the 100 min cd’s. Or to make nero cd speed - take tests over 100 min. Any other programs that can do the test?