Alarm sounded over wireless keyboard sniffer

Security vendor Symantec is so concerned about the potential misuse of a new wireless keyboard sniffer it has put out a warning about the technology.

Link: http://www.techworld.com/security/news/index.cfm?newsID=117217&pagtype=all

:cool::cool:

This is called making something so you can then sell something to fix it.

This is done every day for things they say are bad for you. Drug companies and other pay someone to say something is dad then come out with a way to fix it or replace it with something else. I saw on the news last night that there is a Ignored cholesterol blamed for heart attacks but do not worry drug companies are working on a new drugs.

While wireless mice are really useful to have, I see little point in having a wireless keyword, especially one that is never moved from the desk, such as with an office PC. The exception of course is to make it portable, such as for a home cinema system or media centre to avoid a trailing keyboard cable leading from the sofa to the PC. In this case, a wireless keyboard makes sense.

The main thing I dislike about wireless keyboards is that they tend to drop occasional key stroke, even when operated with fresh batteries and right next to the base. For example, on a previous Microsoft wireless keyboard I used, if I held down the control key to select multiple icons, it would intermittently “release”, thus losing my selection. While my Logitech wireless keyboard does not have this issue, it still randomly drops the occasional letter every couple of paragraphs of typing.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2445847][/QUOTE]lol… case closed :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Seán;2445594]While wireless mice are really useful to have, I see little point in having a [B]wireless keyword[/B], especially one that is never moved from the desk, such as with an office PC. The exception of course is to make it portable, such as for a home cinema system or media centre to avoid a trailing keyboard cable leading from the sofa to the PC. In this case, a wireless keyboard makes sense.

The main thing I dislike about wireless keyboards is that they tend to drop occasional key stroke, even when operated with fresh batteries and right next to the base. For example, on a previous Microsoft wireless keyboard I used, if I held down the control key to select multiple icons, it would intermittently “release”, thus losing my selection. While my Logitech wireless keyboard does not have this issue, [B]it still randomly drops the occasional letter every couple of paragraphs of typing.[/B][/QUOTE]
And misspells words too :wink:

[QUOTE=Seán;2445594]The main thing I dislike about wireless keyboards is that they tend to drop occasional key stroke[/QUOTE] I don’t need a wireless keyboard to drop key strokes - I can do that right here on the builtin keyboard on my Acer laptop! :doh:

What they should make is a wireless keyboard, that has a hard drive, power supply built in, has internet access and color view screens, and a DVD burner/player attached.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2445893]I don’t need a wireless keyboard to drop key strokes - I can do that right here on the builtin keyboard on my Acer laptop! :doh:[/QUOTE]
Yeah but then you can put the blame on the wireless keyboard just like Sean does :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Zathros;2445915]What they should make is a wireless keyboard, that has a hard drive, power supply built in, has internet access and color view screens, and a DVD burner/player attached.[/QUOTE] They have, called it a Mac, but nobody bought it. :slight_smile: