Akiba New DVD Writers - 2003.05.17: DRU-510A ND-1300A

vbimport

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20030517/ni_i_dd.html

So Sony DRU-510A in May 2003 is about 10% cheaper than Sony DRU-500A in Jan 2003.

Pioneer DVR-A05 for under 20,000 Yen?! A05-based TEAC DV-W50 now costs just 19,799 Yen, or about US$160.

And NEC ND-1300A costs about US$200 which is not more than what IO DATA DVR-ABN4 costs.

Logitec’s 4x dual writer LDR-E4242AK based on NEC ND-1300A.

IO DATA has also introduced DVR-iUN4, a USB 2.0 version of NEC ND-1300A 4x DVD±R/RW Dual-format writer, for about US$280.

Update:

http://www.akibaoo.co.jp/order/frame.cgi?number=2 sells TEAC DV-W50 for 18,999 Yen and Pioneer DVR-A05-J for 22,199 Yen.

damn you live in heaven :bigsmile:

Nope… I think he lives in Seoul, ROK!
Heaven=Akihabara,Tokyo in this case!

mmm…sorry…didn’t know that

then he lives damn close to heaven…lol

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Originally posted by damiandimitri
mmm…sorry…didn’t know that

then he lives damn close to heaven…lol

I have looked for the cheapest possible air tickets from Seoul/Inchon (Inchon airport) to Tokyo (Narita airport) and the fare was as low as 200,000 Won per seat excluding the 47,000 Won extra cost. It’s US$200. Two hours.

I’d like an undersea tunnel for bullet trains and roads between Busan and Tsushima and Kyushu.

DVD writers are not that revolutionary by now. I want the new blue laser drives from NEC and Toshiba that will be also copied by LG and Samsung later.

lol

for you that all don’t seem to be that exciting anymore as it is for us.

i aways like to see your pics…would like to go there too…but it is to expensive from where i live

:frowning:

is it a nice city? or do you only go there for the computer stuff?

Em…
I hope there is no border between countries.
Who can tell me how to buy cheap and good dvd+/-r discs in China?
Any web shop available for Chinese customers?

Originally posted by hunsp
Em…
I hope there is no border between countries.
Who can tell me how to buy cheap and good dvd+/-r discs in China?
Any web shop available for Chinese customers?

I’d like to visit Taipei if I know. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by damiandimitri
lol

for you that all don’t seem to be that exciting anymore as it is for us.

i aways like to see your pics…would like to go there too…but it is to expensive from where i live

:frowning:

is it a nice city? or do you only go there for the computer stuff?

Many of my friends in Seoul and Busan (the largest and second-largest city in South Korea) visit Tokyo and Beijing. Tokyo is clearly the largest and richest city in Asia-Pacific. The good side is that the people there are generally courteous and industrious and new electronics and computer products are first available for low prices and the bad side is that the food, transportation, housing, rental, and most other service items are extremely expensive and the country as a whole is yet meant only for the domestic Japanese (not that South Korea is any better). The streets are clean and there are some things worthy of looking at for those interested in the medieval and industrial history of Japan.

You are so lucky to visit Taipei so easily.
:slight_smile:
:bigsmile:

You are so lucky to visit Taipei so easily.
:slight_smile:
:bigsmile:

Aren’t you in Taiwan?

I can visit Taipei because there are ships and airplanes and I am willing to pay for them. I was going to the CompuTex Taipei this year but it was cancelled due to the strong and growing presence of SARS along the Taiwan Strait.

En, I am in China’s mainland.
I can’t go to Taiwan until any organizaion invite me to join some ACADEMIC acativities because of political reasons.

sorry to hear…so close and not able to go…sad

I am looking for dealers who would like to sell discs to me and shipping them to mainland. There must be some way to do it.

Whatever the governments think, I am determined to buy and sell freely.

Haha.

:wink:

I am looking for dealers who would like to sell discs to me and shipping them to mainland. There must be some way to do it.

Whatever the governments think, I am determined to buy and sell freely.

Haha.

:wink:

I’m not sure if I can ship some things (like media and books) to the average Chinese citizens in Beijing and Shanghai. I know it is allowed between South Korea and Japan.

It’s allowed but will cost a great number of money :frowning:
There are many privately owned forwarder who run a transit line between mainland and Taiwan, so the shipping fee is resonable. But I’m not sure if there are such lines between South Korea and China.