Akai 120 +RW...liteon ddw-411S drive

vbimport

My name is Jerry. I own a Akai 120 +rw/+r Homerecorder. It worked fine until I recorded on +r 1x8 write speed recordable disc . at first it was recording the 1x8 fine then only some , now it won’t record +rw1x4, +r-1x4 or 1x8+r . It will record for a few minutes then the recorder states write fail. The drive in the unit is a Lite-on it DDW-411S. Is my drive gone Or would a firmware upgrade be in order. when it records it makes a lot of noise the Macrovision over ride is 2960 on the exit button secret menu. could any one give me some insight as to what my problem might be. thank you Jerry Akai 120 dvd recorder .

:a

I know this is a “shot in the dark,” as your original posting was over 2 yrs ago, but what the hell? Several postings speak of a “Secret Menu” on this unit. Can you OR someone else tell me how to access it, and what I can do with it? My unit seems to be working fine, without the problms that most are experiencing. Most of my discs are recorded on DVD+RW on Memorex 4X4.7gb or Verbatim 1X-4X, 4.7 that I’ve recorded at SLP speed to get @ 6hrs of TV time on. I DO NOT “finalize” these (as they are RW) and they play on other DVD Players. I’ve had my unit for over 4 yrs. Thanks for any response
Austxfreak:confused: