Aiseesoft and Slysoft on United States copyright blacklist

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Aiseesoft and Slysoft on United States copyright blacklist[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-ustr-image-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Two software companies developing products that can circumvent the AACS Blu-ray copy-protection are on a blacklist of the US Government.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/aiseesoft-and-slysoft-on-united-states-copyright-blacklist-70852](http://www.myce.com/news/aiseesoft-and-slysoft-on-united-states-copyright-blacklist-70852)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Slysoft has been on that list for the last 3 years but now they are going into China and the supposedly untouchables.:wink:

i wonder if the USA is on Slysoft’s and Aiseesoft’s blacklist? it should be as it wants to exert it’s power over everything and everybody.

what a shame it is that these various software and Internet companies dont get together, just like the entertainment industries have, and fight back en banc. all this trouble because certain people in certain industries refuse to join the digital age and have used/are using friends in political and governmental positions to get them what they want, rather than being men and competing!! pathetic examples of how a digital industry should be. the only thing they can do on their own is intimidate and sue those who have no way to fight back. bullies, the lot of them!!

It’s the multimedia industry’s own fault…they restrict fair use TOO MUCH!:Z
If they would’ve approved mandatory managed Copy directly,instead of keeping it lingering in the “to approve” whitepaper,people wouldn’t need to get into all these blu-ray decrypting software…:disagree:
Those dinosaurs still don’t get it…they’re after pirates,but they hurt their legimite customers more than the people who refuse to pay a dime for their products…:doh:
I doubt about the intellect of those company’s exec’s…people who buy AnyDvDHd or DvdFab already have BOUGHT their stuff,while pirates download it…

[QUOTE=kevpc;2722355][B]i wonder if the USA is on Slysoft’s and Aiseesoft’s blacklist?[/B] it should be as it wants to exert it’s power over everything and everybody.

what a shame it is that these various software and Internet companies dont get together, just like the entertainment industries have, and fight back en banc. all this trouble because certain people in certain industries refuse to join the digital age and have used/are using friends in political and governmental positions to get them what they want, rather than being men and competing!! pathetic examples of how a digital industry should be. the only thing they can do on their own is intimidate and sue those who have no way to fight back. bullies, the lot of them!![/QUOTE]

Did you say that backwards? I think Slysoft and Aiseesoft are on the USAs blacklist? But maybe I misunderstood your statement , sorry if I did.:wink:

I wonder if any of this latest stuff has anything to do with why Digiarty stopped supporting, selling and allowing downloading of it Blu-ray Decrypter software over a year ago

what i meant was as anything and everything, anyone and everyone that isn’t liked or doesn’t do as the USA wants, is put on to a ‘blacklist’, what’s to stop the reverse happening and companies putting the USA on their ‘blacklist’? the USA has this opinion that all persons, companies, industries and corporations should do nothing other than what the USA says, making money for no one other than the USA, even when any of the afore mentioned are nothing to do with and nowhere near the USA! every time a new ‘Trade Deal’ comes out, it’s instigated by the USA and contains absolutely nothing in it that will benefit anyone other than the USA in general and USA companies in particular. that also stands true when the subject is medicines and the cheaper alternatives that can be made at prices that people in the poorer countries can afford. the USA wants those medicines stopped from production so that everyone who needs them has to buy at ridiculously high prices or, as is usual, go without and die! on top of that, the majority of content in these ‘deals’ (and i use the word extremely loosely!) are about copyright and making sure that the USA entrainment industries and Hollywood are able to prevent anyone from getting a movie or album in any way other than from the high street store. there must be no claims of ownership, even though money has changed hands, there must be no one other than the ‘buyer’ listening or watching and definitely no back ups made or format shifting done. the punishment for doing otherwise being bankrupting high fines, prison sentences longer than having committed a massacre and the death penalty being the next step! all for copying something you’ve already bought!
the real kicker, though, is that there must never be any changes to the original deal unless all countries in the agreement are of the same opinion. as there will be distinct advantages for ever to the USA, hands up who thinks the representatives are gonna agree to having some of what has been lining the pockets of certain USA companies and people etc taken away? so, regardless of the changes in anything over time, the USA will be pocketing everything and everywhere else will be screwed stupid forever! and dont forget that atm, the USA is in as bad shape as everywhere else. if it can force (because it always uses threats to get what it wants, even though it cant carry them out!) other countries to side with what it says, it is gonna be out of poop street because it will be taking a lot of what those other countries rely on to help themselves. never again will it matter whether there is another financial crisis or a hundred of them, the USA will be ok because it will be doing the vampire act and sucking the life blood out of as many countries as necessary to remain solvent, even if it means the others going to hell!!

@ kevpc,quite simple conclusion:
USA pretends to be cop of the world,but they’re actually nothing more than a bully who wants to take your lunch money…:Z

So… America is run by Darth Sidious? A “safe and secure society” is what he promises his people. Then, he goes and kills the loyal ninja-police (that is, the jedi) builds weapons of mass destruction (during peace time no less), and tests them on poor, peaceful Alderaan.

IDK about the rest of you, but I though America as free. I guess it’s only free if you can afford freedom. Otherwise, there’s no way you’ll out-bribe Hollywood.

Governments and the entertainment industry are just like the little boy with his fingers plugging the holes in the dike. They can’t go after the large number of individual users as the backlash would be impossible for them to control. They are trying to strategically hit certain companies that facilitate the behavior they are trying to prevent. They don’t yet realize it is a futile effort and they are going to lose the war they are fighting. The only way they win is to give the masses what they want… large amounts of content for a low monthly fee. They have to make the price so cheap and the access so easy that it makes the hassle of illegal downloading not worth the effort. The sooner they capitulate, the happier everyone will be.

So what we have. We have companies that pay millions of dollars to copyprotections with the knowledge that each protection can be cracked. This they do only to cover laws. I germany as sample you have the right of a personal copy but you are forbidden to disable any protection. So they remove your persoanl rights with a law. The law is basing on something that do not work. It seems only judges and politicans do not know that copyprotection never works.

Then they pay much to lawyers to fight against companies that remove copyprotections. The whole system is dedicated to the rich people.

Customers are not important to the company. Customers are only balast.

But the important thing: They want the copy protections are broken. Because only in this way DVD and Blu-ray are sold. But with the copy protection, how bad this is, these companies have the law on their side.

They may have the law on their side but they don’t have society, in general, on their side. The whole process is like a parent that keeps warning their misbehaving child about an impending punishment for their bad behavior but the parents know they can never inflict the punishment (to a large group of people) they are warning about.

In practical terms, what is legal is what the masses are willing to accept as legal. Right now the masses are not accepting the rules that the government and entertainment companies are peddling. File sharing of all types is growing every year and is doing so in the face of all this effort to reverse its growth. The model that works for everyone is to sell large amounts of content to a large number of people for a smaller fee. Any other model is DOA over the long term.

I agree. So what is the solution? I think the first step is to pay the actors a lower fee.You see at “After Earth” that not the actor is the most important thing, If the story is bad you cannot save it with the actor :wink:
Second is to do not inverst all this money into copy protections. I think to add a utility to each disk that will copy the movie to the format and the device the user want. This is what the people need. If I look at my personal situation, I do copies of movies only for security. My kids do DVD/BD skating on the wood floor. So I alwaysneed a backup.

IMO, the issue is not with what an actor is paid or even what movies get made. It isn’t even involving movies that are currently in movie theaters. It involves content that is being mass distributed through bluray/DVD mediums and the illegal copying of this material. IMO, if the entertainment companies would make content easily available at reasonable fees via the Internet it would bypass the need to worry about most copying of their content. The beautiful thing about this model of content distribution is that is would appeal across a wide age group. The amount of content available for them to distribute goes back almost 100 years and covers all genres. They can literally market their service to EVERYONE. Plus, as the Internet becomes available to more and more people their customer base will only grow by leaps and bounds. This is where we are headed whether the current moguls want it or not. It is better for them to jump on board and help make the system what they want instead of having a system shoved up their arses. Why they don’t see this is puzzling to me.

Slysoft has already got another domain name already, just in case their regular site gets shut down:

http://slysoft.ag/

So, I wouldn’t worry too much right now, until otherwise.

I would imagine all of these companies would have a backup plan given the way things are going.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I would say if they were not already prepared then they are scrambling to get it done.:smiley:

I think the AACS intentionally targeted Dvdfab to scare all the smaller software makers to death so they would just start dropping products they sell or just plain close shop so far there has been some fallout but as the story unfolds I think most will stay in business.:iagree:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2722472]so far there has been some fallout but as the story unfolds I think most will stay in business.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

I really hope you’re right!:iagree:
But I’m afraid that it’s a well orchestrated attack and that we haven’t seen the last of it…:frowning: