Aging BenQ producing bad discs

vbimport

I have a BenQ DW1640 BSRB that has been gradually producing worse and worse burns.

It won’t really burn my MCC04’s at 4x without a failure. CMC M01 burns at 4x are decent but sometimes fail. I’ve tried various configurations of WOPC and SoildBurn without success.

The drive is almost 3 years old. I just wanted to see if it’s a known occurrence for drives to gradually produce bad discs as they get older. It makes sense right?

I am thinking about getting a Pioneer DVR-115D.

[quote=chosborne;2031977]I have a BenQ DW1640 BSRB that has been gradually producing worse and worse burns.

It won’t really burn my MCC04’s at 4x without a failure. CMC M01 burns at 4x are decent but sometimes fail. I’ve tried various configurations of WOPC and SoildBurn without success.

The drive is almost 3 years old. I just wanted to see if it’s a known occurrence for drives to gradually produce bad discs as they get older. It makes sense right?

I am thinking about getting a Pioneer DVR-115D.[/quote]
MCC004 is not meant to be burned at 4X. I would try burning at 8X and see if your results are better.

I haven’t tried higher speeds in a while. I will give it another shot.

The reason for not writing at a higher speed is that the QScan results are terrible above 4x. Like I said I haven’t tried in a while, but I think I remember that the discs aren’t even readable at those speeds.

[QUOTE=chosborne;2031977]I have a BenQ DW1640 BSRB that has been gradually producing worse and worse burns…[/QUOTE]Maybe your drive is learning bad. Clean learned media within QSuite and try again.
Reflashing drive to older firmware like BSLB might also help. ;)[QUOTE=chosborne;2031977]I am thinking about getting a Pioneer DVR-115D.[/QUOTE]A very good choice in my opinion. :iagree:

If the drive has done a lot of reading/ripping/burning/scanning, then chances are the lense has some dust/crud on it. A gentle cleaning of the lense with a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol should do the trick, pretty easy to do.