Age of empires 2

vbimport

hey. ive been trying to copy age of empires 2 and am having problems. the copy protection seems to correspond to the safedisc method, but there seems to be difference between other programs that use this and aoe2 is that all of the others have a single track on the cd, while aoe2 has 2: a mode1 data track followed by an audio track. all of the posted methods for beating the safedisc protection appear to be written for a cd with only a single data track. any ideas on how to copy this? im using an hp8100 burner on an amd k6-2.

thanks.

Today I copied Age of Empires II using Nero 4.0.5 with a RICOH 7040a.

You have to create a image in your Hard Drive first. Make a CD-Copy, ignore read errors, continue copying unreadable data, read speed 1x.
I got lots of Unrecoverable Read Errors at the beginning, but it copied just fine (It took about 1: 11 min.)
After creating the image, open the image to burn it, set disc-at-once, I write it in 4x.

After succesfully copied the CD, you will noticed that you can install the game, but you can’t play with the Copied CD. There is a patch in http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ called “Ages of Empires 2 v1.0 1: 1 CD-Copy” 03-10-1999 by Daan (2.5MB), download it and replace the empire2.exe in the directory you install the game with the patch with the same name.

That’s it, sounds like a lot of work, but a least, my brother and I won’t be fighting for the original CD now

See you in the Zone

[This message has been edited by chinolis (edited 15 October 1999).]

Another methode to get ride of the protection is to copy via blindread and replace the file…

seems also to work fine

Another methode to get ride of the protection is to copy via blindread and replace the file…

seems also to work fine