Age of Chinese woman gymnasts

vbimport

What do you think the ages of the Chinese woman gymnasts really is. I most assuredly do not believe that they are 16, or even close to 16… My guess is that at least one of them is 13 at most…

What is your opinion…

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2110589]What do you think the ages of the Chinese woman gymnasts really is. I most assuredly do not believe that they are 16, or even close to 16… My guess is that at least one of them is 13 at most…

What is your opinion…[/QUOTE]

12 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
China should never have been given the Olympics.

[quote=harley2ride;2110589]What do you think the ages of the Chinese woman gymnasts really is. I most assuredly do not believe that they are 16, or even close to 16… My guess is that at least one of them is 13 at most…

What is your opinion…[/quote]

I read an artical about Woman gymastics in South Africa.
Showd Photos about how the exesses training Stunts there growth.
One RSA girl was 23 and had the body of an Undeveloped Teen :iagree:
Chinease woman are natually smally built.

But I beg to differ :bigsmile:

To bad DNA testing can’t tell the true age now.

IMO most were 12 to 13.

The real shame is most likely the China will get away with it.

Without getting into the ethics. China has special schools for gymnastics and ages range from 3 years old to 11 years old, the best go on to advanced training.

I personally think their gymnasts are wonderfully talented and elegant.

[quote=Dee-27;2111078]

I personally think their gymnasts are wonderfully talented and elegant.[/quote]

:iagree:
I love watching them .
They Train hard for it .
May the best Man or woman Win :flower:

It can’t be known if the best woman won since everyone if everyone isn’t competing under the same rules. If China cheated by using underage gymnasts then the medals they won are a hollow achievement. Had the other countries been allowed to place girls (I can’t call a 13-14 year old a woman) under 16 on their teams the outcomes would have very likely been different. I don’t mind having young gymnasts as I think the most talented people should be competing. The Chinese may have ignored the rules and this is the real issue. Especially since it was done by the hosting country. I never thought it was a good idea to have China host the Olympics as they have never impressed me with their honesty and integrity since they turned communist.

[QUOTE=UTR;2111110]I never thought it was a good idea to have China host the Olympics as they have never impressed me with their honesty and integrity since they turned communist.[/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree::bow:

This thread is about Gymnastics.
NOT Sour Grapes.

It is strange that some of us jump to the judgment without having all the fact about whether China cheating or they are just the best in some of the games. What ever happened to our believe that people are innocent until proven guilty.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2111119]It is strange that some of us jump to the judgment without having all the fact about whether China cheating or they are just the best in some of the games. What ever happened to our believe that people are innocent until proven guilty.[/QUOTE]This has been an on going thing with China. Some of them have admitted years later that they were to young.

This will go down as just another bad mark for China like in past years. It’s nothing new.

So there are people that actually don’t think the Chinese cheat? As for their capability and willingness to deceive, we can start with the fake fireworks and move on to the fake singer. The real singer’s appearance didn’t meet the Government’s idea of the perfect little Chinese girl to present to the world. Keep in mind that they held a lengthy talent contest and the winner was supposed to appear at the Olympics on opening night. Now if they are willing to go this far with a singer, what would they do in order to win a gold medal? When it comes to China’s government officials, one has to assume that when their lips are moving a lie has a very good chance of flying past them.

BTW, this thread is about China’s honesty. Re-read Harley’s original post. I assume the sour grapes remark was for me. I don’t have sour grapes for any athlete that wins by following the rules. I don’t care what their nationality may be. If China has allowed underage gymnasts to compete then they might as well shoot them up with performance enhancing drugs that can’t be detected. Cheating is cheating and the Chinese have a LONG way to go before I give them the benefit of the doubt. If all of their female gymnasts are of proper age then I wouldn’t put it past the Chinese to have stunted the growth of some of them artificially in order to gain an advantage.

Honesty?
They reckon 40% of all athletes at the games are using drug enhancement, that’s cheating on a massive scale, so let’s not get into politics and use this thread to bash a single nation.

Since China was the nation the thread was initiated on, I figured I would keep things on-topic.

Yes, lets please not make this political or anything else… Just a simple, do you believe that they were of age, or not, please!

Yes I believe they are of age :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2111140]Yes, lets please not make this political or anything else… Just a simple, do you believe that they were of age, or not, please![/QUOTE]

Some, but not all of them.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2111140]Yes, lets please not make this political or anything else… Just a simple, do you believe that they were of age, or not, please![/QUOTE]

Indeed. That sums it up nicely. :iagree:

I wouldn’t have a clue though, I’m deliberately avoiding all things Olympic :eek:

read this : http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/gymnastics/news/story?id=3534544

Well, I do not think that most of these girls are older than 12-14 years.

And it is kinda strange that they were 14 years old n May and just a few months later miracously and suddenly 16 or 17??