After upgrade FW my drive is blinking...20A4P

vbimport

Hi.
When i upgrade FW to EOHT6 my drive start blinking led…I try restore eeprom and oryginal FW but still blinking…

Any idea??

Flashed with wrong firmware. What exact filename was it?

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2092296]Flashed with wrong firmware. What exact filename was it?[/QUOTE]

no…i upgrade my A4 drive CK FW with EOHT (20A4P.9P59.patched-fb-eos-eoht6)…

Try 1 of the older firmwares at http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html. You might also try running FlashFix on older firmware to see if that helps, i.e. if drive is still seen in BIOs and in Windows. Note FlashFix doesn’t work on newer firmwares.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2092328]Try 1 of the older firmwares at http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html. You might also try running FlashFix on older firmware to see if that helps, i.e. if drive is still seen in BIOs and in Windows. Note FlashFix doesn’t work on newer firmwares.[/QUOTE]

its not help…flashfix not work with any A4 FW…:frowning:

I see you have a Liteon DH20A3H…you didn’t happen to flash it by mistake? Just a thought.

[QUOTE=Bob;2092336]I see you have a Liteon DH20A3H…you didn’t happen to flash it by mistake? Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

no…A3 is in another computer…in this machine i have A4.

When i try repair checksum by the eeprom utility it show “Sorry, the eeprom checksum cannot be repaired by this utility. Contact the CodeGuys”

I have oryginal FW and eeprom, and nothing…

Did you have a cd or dvd in the drive when you flashed?

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2092468]Did you have a cd or dvd in the drive when you flashed?[/QUOTE]

ofkors no…

Is the drive still seen in BIOS and Windows, and are you using 80 wire IDE cable?

[QUOTE=bevills1;2092795]Is the drive still seen in BIOS and Windows, and are you using 80 wire IDE cable?[/QUOTE]

Yes…Bios and Windows see drive normally. I use 80 wire cable…

Hi VANT. The EEPROM file you sent me by email. Is it from before or after the problem?

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2093090]Hi VANT. The EEPROM file you sent me by email. Is it from before or after the problem?[/QUOTE]

after…
but i restore eeprom many times from my backup…and not help…

I can repair the EEPROM file you sent me or I can merge your before backup EEPROM into a firmware and then you will have to do a “full” firmware write using XSF at DOS. Do you want to try the repaired EEPROM file first. I suspect the factory config could be corrupted in this file.

[B]Edit:[/B] First try writing your before EEPROM file using LtnFlash and then reboot.

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2093149]I can repair the EEPROM file you sent me or I can merge your before backup EEPROM into a firmware and then you will have to do a “full” firmware write using XSF at DOS. Do you want to try the repaired EEPROM file first. I suspect the factory config could be corrupted in this file.

[B]Edit:[/B] First try writing your before EEPROM file using LtnFlash and then reboot.[/QUOTE]

so…write FW LTn Flash --> reboot --> restore eeprom EEprom Utility??

i think that i try this combination…without effect, but i try again when i back from work.

THX CK :flower:

No, use the LtnFlash E2 tab. Set the EEPROM length to 0x2000 and then load the original good EEPROM file. Write it to the drive with the pencil toolbar button. Then reboot.

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2093164]No, use the LtnFlash E2 tab. Set the EEPROM length to 0x2000 and then load the original good EEPROM file. Write it to the drive with the pencil toolbar button. Then reboot.[/QUOTE]

ok i will try this utility…

THX again CK. :bow:

No problem. If you don’t already have it, you’ll find a link to the latest LtnFlash in the first post here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/a3-models-jitter-function-test-firmware-tool-231435/

Ltnflash not help…my drive still blink…