After formatting with DirectCD it shows as an audio cd

I am using roxio platinum 5.3.2 and have done all the software updates from roxio. When I format a directcd disc it shows up as an audio cd with a single audio file on it. The disk also is completely full. Probably something simple but I cannot figure it out. Yes I am a newbie so sorry if this is a silly question.

The drive name is: OPTORITECD-RW CW4002 100E version 3.28.2
The discs are your basic Memorex CD-RW discs.
My computer is compaq presario and runs Windows 98

Thanks in advance for all replies!
Larry

:cool: first off get rid of adaptec cd products they are garbage if you must use a cd writing packet software use DLA it seems a little more less integrated into the os and a hell of alot easier to uninstall. a good program to go along with it is record now max these are two easy to use stable programs but you must have clone cd and alcohol for the fun stuff GET RID OF ADAPTCRAP

I have flashed my Cw4002 to 110e from 100e and it has experienced som serious issues 9pulsing, slow response etc.). Is there anyway to restore original 100e version. can either of you help me. I cannot locate the 100e.bin file anywhere. Is it possible to make a copy of your firmware 100e version and send to me Lasher?

Regards
Kaliman

most of the time there are no go backs on firmware once flashed you cant usually downgrade a firmware the way i see it when it comes to firmware if it aint broke dont fix it

Yeah. I guess I have learnt the hard way. I will be buying a new unit, probably a Lite-on and no more playing unless it needs fixing!

Originally posted by danoman
most of the time there are no go backs on firmware once flashed you cant usually downgrade a firmware the way i see it when it comes to firmware if it aint broke dont fix it

Not entirely true. It does work!

I know this is an old post, but I’ve got the 100E firmware with a DOS flasher at http://neptho.home.comcast.net/downs/100E_DOS.zip

I’ve also had problems with 110E, so I’ve downgraded to 100E.