After Decrypting if under 4.7GB Size?

Okay I used dvddecryptor to decrypt a few DVD’s in file mode (main movie only). A few of these are under 4.7 GB so do I need to use DVD2One or can I just burn it like it is? If I can just burn it without using DVD2One do I need to do anything else before burning?

Viper

It actually needs to be below 4.37gig not 4.7. If it is below that then you can just go directly to burning it and you don’t need DVD2one to process it.

Viper,

Yes, you have to still run dvd20ne. So that dvd2one creates the necessary files to burn. I am not sure if there is a better way of doing it.

Sangam

Yeah sorry I meant 4.37 GB, so do I still need to run DVD2One or not? I do not want DVD2One to take any quality away if no need to.

Viper

If the movie is under 4.37GB then DVD2ONE will only strip unnecessary languages and subtitles but leave the video 100% intact, so your resulting vobs will be maybe 5% smaller than before

andyw

Originally posted by Viper32
[B]Yeah sorry I meant 4.37 GB, so do I still need to run DVD2One or not? I do not want DVD2One to take any quality away if no need to.

Viper [/B]

No. If it is under 4.37GB, you can just burn the files to a DVD and have a full dvd w/o copy protection.

You do not have to run it thru DVD2One if it is under 4.37GB.

Yes, you do need to run it through DVD2ONE to create the necessary files, or you could use a freeware tool called ifoedit to do the job. It can be found at www.doom9.org Check the download section – available from the the left frame “Download” link.

Start ifoedit…Press the “Create IFOs” button at the bottom of the screen. Select the first VOB in your movie and ifoedit will create the IFOs necessary to make a DVD compliant file set. The files can then be burned.

Don’t forget to put your files in a folder called VIDEO_TS and create an empty folder AUDIO_TS (Must be in Capitals), before you burn.

Some folks say there is no need to have the AUDIO_TS folder, but I believe some older standalone Players look for it.

Thanks guys I think I got it now…

Viper

Whoops. I misread that you said “main movie only”. I thought you meant the WHOLE DVD.

Yep, a couple of extra steps still needed then.

in DVD Decrypter, just do the following:

in the “mode” menu change it to ISO->Read, that will copy the orignal dvd and create an ISO of your dvd, then insert an empty dvd and change the “mode” to ISO->write, choose the ISO file and then burn, that’s it

remmber that you only do the above, if you have a dvd that is less than or equal to 4.37GB and you don’t want to loose any extras or subtitles.

Originally posted by Boiling Ice
remmber that you only do the above, if you have a dvd that is less than or equal to 4.37GB and you don’t want to loose any extras or subtitles. [/B]

Actually it could say something like up to 4.7GB and you would be alright. The key is that it is a 1 layer DVD. Decrypter will provide that information when you do an ISO Read. I just got done doing an ISO that was listed as 4.55GB. The first thing I always do is to check the number of layers and that determines whether I ISO it or do a DVD2One backup.