After 5 generations I am giving up on Nero

Sad to say that but Nero 9 will be my last version and I am removing it as well.

I have purchased Nero 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 through the years but I cannot no longer take the headaches with it.

The last incidents that broke my back:

1. Install the 9.4.26 patch. It took 2.5 hours to install the patch, added a bunch of programs I did not want and was so slow it was unusable except for Burning ROM which is about the only program that works reliably any more.

2. Decided to uninstall completely to reclaim my S/N and try it on my new Win7 computer. It took 4 hours to uninstall the program.

3. Began installing on Win7 and after 1.5 hours I decided I could not take it any longer and killed the install.

Version 7 was the last useable version for me and it did not become useable until the final patch was releases. Version 8 was a mess and I had high hopes for Nero 9 but I believe the product is going in the wrong direction.

These are not technical problems with me or my equipment. We develop HW / SW for a living and understand the complexities. The product has just gotten too big and out of control in my opinion.

I am also a decision maker for my company and beginning tomorrow we will be looking for a new standard product to use.

I do not take this lightly and wish this was not the case. I have no problem paying for a good solid product but I will not chase Nero any longer hoping it will get better.

If you like it and use it good luck.

With Regrets,
Roy

Bravo. :clap:

Nero 6 still does all I need done with no problems, and I’ve purposely avoided later version due to the increasing bloat with each new version. I’ll continue happily using it as long as it does what needs doing and switch to something else only if needed.

wow, your telling them but I have to admit I was a solid Nero 6 user for the longest time even thought they have now Nero 9. I don’t have it installed now cause Win7x64 doesn’t like it so I left that out of my installs. I repeatedly contact Nero customer service and found out that if you wanted to really still use Nero 9 I have to wait for a actually product called Nero 9 Reloaded cause from what I was able to find and read is that this is the version that would work for Win7 O/S not Nero 9. It has to be Nero 9 Reloaded as it says on their site. They told me there is no difference between Nero 9 and Nero 9 Reloaded but I suspect there is a change that makes it more compatible with Win7 O/S. You lenght of uninstall time is way to long just to uninstall a program…I think your O/S has something more serious wrong or corrupted in it for it to take that long to just to do a simple uninstall. How updated is your Win7 updates? Cause if I can recall there is like about 20 or so updates that I can recall since Win7 came out. But I will say considering the amount of time it takes to do a simple uninstall on you computer I think you need to either reinstall your O/S to kill any remaining Nero that is causing conflicts with the uninstall process and plus a complete restore of your O/S would and should fix any problems you have with Nero software. But I would do a complete system restore or reinstall your O/S and yes it does take some time for Win7 reinstall but it will at least mean you will have no junk in the registry just the O/S. But Seriously that long to uninstall a Nero software means there serious problem with your O/S or computer setup…

Interesting . . . I’ve ran into similar installation/uninstallation issues.

I think the Nero 9 isn’t the same as Nero 9 Reloaded from Nero but that is just my opinion. Cause I haven’t been able to find the Nero 9 Reloaded but I do find just Nero 9 of which I am doubious that this version will work correctly in Win7x64.

@ OP, and it took 5 generations?..:Z

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2482170]@ OP, and it took 5 generations?..:Z[/QUOTE]

That’s my curiosity as well as well?? I was and used Nero 6 for the longest time til I went Win7 and couldn’t use it so it was left out. If i could still use Nero 6 on Win7 I would but Win7 won’t let it run or install.

Other posts I’ve read said users were able to use Nero 6 in Vista by running it in WinXP mode. That’s likely still an option for Win7 if Win7 has run in WinXP mode option, but I’ve not used Win7 and don’t know whether it has that option.

I still use Nero 7.11.10.0 so i can burn DiscT@2’s with my Yamaha F1 with Vi$ta 64 bit.

That is really the only use i have for Nero anymore.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2481852]wow, your telling them but I have to admit I was a solid Nero 6 user for the longest time even thought they have now Nero 9. I don’t have it installed now cause Win7x64 doesn’t like it so I left that out of my installs. I repeatedly contact Nero customer service and found out that if you wanted to really still use Nero 9 I have to wait for a actually product called Nero 9 Reloaded cause from what I was able to find and read is that this is the version that would work for Win7 O/S not Nero 9. It has to be Nero 9 Reloaded as it says on their site. They told me there is no difference between Nero 9 and Nero 9 Reloaded but I suspect there is a change that makes it more compatible with Win7 O/S. You lenght of uninstall time is way to long just to uninstall a program…I think your O/S has something more serious wrong or corrupted in it for it to take that long to just to do a simple uninstall. How updated is your Win7 updates? Cause if I can recall there is like about 20 or so updates that I can recall since Win7 came out. But I will say considering the amount of time it takes to do a simple uninstall on you computer I think you need to either reinstall your O/S to kill any remaining Nero that is causing conflicts with the uninstall process and plus a complete restore of your O/S would and should fix any problems you have with Nero software. But I would do a complete system restore or reinstall your O/S and yes it does take some time for Win7 reinstall but it will at least mean you will have no junk in the registry just the O/S. But Seriously that long to uninstall a Nero software means there serious problem with your O/S or computer setup…[/QUOTE]

I have been busy working on other things but thought I would stop by. I appreciate your thoughts, but there is nothing wrong with my computer or OS. I work in this field for a living and while it is not a new computer it runs just fine with everything else. I will continue to use Nero 7 on my one old XP setup until I finally kill that but picking up freeware for Win7 and non-windows OSs.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2483576]That’s my curiosity as well as well?? I was and used Nero 6 for the longest time til I went Win7 and couldn’t use it so it was left out. If i could still use Nero 6 on Win7 I would but Win7 won’t let it run or install.[/QUOTE]

I used Nero 6 for a really long time but it never properly supported DL discs for me with my drive.

[QUOTE=Bob;2484129]I still use Nero 7.11.10.0 so i can burn DiscT@2’s with my Yamaha F1 with Vi$ta 64 bit.

That is really the only use i have for Nero anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is the only version that still burns discs properly for me in XP. Since I gave up on Nervision and Recode in all versions, I basically use Imgburn for burning and many other apps for conversion.

[QUOTE=VideoRoy;2484286]I used Nero 6 for a really long time but it never properly supported DL discs for me with my drive…[/QUOTE]

Really I had Nero 6 when it came out and it never gave me problems SL or DL media burning or reading with my drives…