Aereo creates tiny antenna that delivers big television content to iPads & iPhones

vbimport

Aereo creates tiny antenna that delivers big television content to iPads & iPhones.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/02/zIWFxD.jpg[/newsimage]Aereo is banking on two things: Consumers wanting live broadcast programming sent directly to their mobile devices through the cloud, and TV networks not taking them to court. The tech startup is testing the former first with an invite-only trial in the Big Apple.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/aereo-creates-tiny-antenna-that-delivers-big-television-content-to-ipads-iphones-59008/](http://www.myce.com/news/aereo-creates-tiny-antenna-that-delivers-big-television-content-to-ipads-iphones-59008/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Sounds a lot like those guys that would play a DVD for you to watch on the interwebs (they claimed it wasn’t streaming, just renting).

Zediva, and I thought the same thing.

And what’s their revenue model about? Or should I just assume that they are re-broadcasting tv channels to iOS devices from the goodness of their heart (rotflmao).

At some point money will be involved and content producers will want their cut, and assertions that the signals can’t be ripped/copied/distributed and the drm requirements will ensure that this will only work in obscure circumstances (on tuesday afternoon, between the times of 2:30 & 2:45, within 15m of a random landmark, while the viewer is hopping on one leg, after being kicked by a feisty one legged nun walking her three-legged goat).

Content companies will kill this, if the tv companies don’t, either via legal means or unviable revenue conditions.

I swear AMD & these guys seem to have similar business tactics.
“I have a stupid idea!”
“let’s go with that, we haven’t got anything else to work with.”

Ok. In all fairness, I’m way to harsh on AMD. They’re just in bed with the wrong people, something that most people can claim at some point in their lives :stuck_out_tongue:

And what’s their revenue model about? Or should I just assume that they are re-broadcasting tv channels to iOS devices from the goodness of their heart (rotflmao).

Eight bucks a month I saw somewhere.

$12/month is what it says on the company’s website. I pointed it out in the 2nd paragraph, guys.

$12 per month, for reality tv shows, scheduled at a time which is predominantly inconvenient for the user?
How much does netflix cost again?
Don’t tv stations in the usa have free news streaming and/or free show content?

Somehow I suspect that their predictions for revenue are somewhat over inflated.

[QUOTE=debro;2623487]$12 per month, for reality tv shows, scheduled at a time which is predominantly inconvenient for the user?
How much does netflix cost again?
[B]Don’t tv stations in the usa have free news streaming and/or free show content?[/B]
Somehow I suspect that their predictions for revenue are somewhat over inflated.[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to over the air (Antenna) then yes, I receive a total of 32 channels, I could receive more if I had a better antenna. :slight_smile:

[B]SJ[/B]