Advise Against Plextor?

Hello

I got the new Plextor 24/10/40A today and it just had to be the #0101, which means that I will not be able to copy SafeDisk2 protected cd’s and the new SafeAudio protected Audio or music cd’s.
This makes me angry and most of all displeased with Plextor. ( #0000 can do all the above).

Should the time now be to advise against Plextor’s product in the future ?.

I would like to consult this matter with my fellow friends here first.

Please respond to this matter.

This is the first time I heard that this Plextor with a new TLA# doesn’t do SafeDisc 2 anymore :frowning: It’s seems weird (to say the least) that Plextor would suddenly drop the SafeDisc 2 support after they ‘implemented’ it in the first shipment of the 24x model…

Anyone else with the same experiences?

where have you read or see this ?:confused:

Check this out

http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=740

seems like Plextor is making a wrong turn.

:frowning:

Any other 24X burner that will do SD2 ?

:confused:

Originally posted by HAGA2
Any other 24X burner that will do SD2 ?
Yes the LiteOn! And they’re also a lot cheaper than the Plextor drives… If this SafeDisc 2 info is true Plextor made a really dumb decision.

I ICQ’ed N.B. about this and he posted this info on www.cdrsoft.cc
Maybe we will now get some more info on this matter…

This is from stretch (mod cloneclinic)
Re: RE: conspiracy theory

ahh but Darkmoon,these guys crave conspiracy theories…they don’t like to hear from guys like me that actually have several plex 24X’s with both tla 0000 and tla 0100 and can tell them i have had no such issue…that doesn’t make for interesting threads…lol

Originally posted by Tittentei
[B]This is from stretch (mod cloneclinic)
Re: RE: conspiracy theory

ahh but Darkmoon,these guys crave conspiracy theories…they don’t like to hear from guys like me that actually have several plex 24X’s with both tla 0000 and tla 0100 and can tell them i have had no such issue…that doesn’t make for interesting threads…lol [/B]

Hi,

So does this mean that your Plex 24X TLA# 0100 can copy Cactus Datasheild 100/200/300:confused: 

And if so this there also no apparent problems with the TLA#0100, 'cause it's the only one I can get here in Australia as all the dealers I know of are sold out of the TLA#0000.

Thanks

I don’t know, I just repeted what i read in stretch’s post.
Here is the cloneclinic tread so why don’t you ask him?

http://pub42.ezboard.com/funofficialclonecdforumcloneclinic.showMessage?topicID=10627.topic

just buy a lite-on i copy every thing with no problems at all
and i don’t needed any new firmware it just works as i bought it…

Who needs Plextor anyway? They’re bloody expensive compared to other CD writers. OK, maybe they’re build to last but who needs that nowadays? Even before the warranty period is over there are allready burners which are twice as fast as the previous generation.

Originally posted by the_Matrix
Who needs Plextor anyway? They’re bloody expensive compared to other CD writers. OK, maybe they’re build to last but who needs that nowadays? Even before the warranty period is over there are allready burners which are twice as fast as the previous generation.
Well I think the reliabiliy and durability of a Plextor is certainly no minor point. Sure burners get faster but not twice as fast in one year. The 24x model is not twice as fast as my 12x model since the lead-in and lead-out time still remain the same. The quality back-ups a Plextor preduces are also very good (and don’t forget the Plextor’s DAE speeds which are also excellent!)…

Plextor is still the top brand to my opinion.

Oh sure, I agree that they are top of the bill. Only thing is that I don’t think they’re worth it. We have a Sanyo at work and it has burned close to 3000 CDs now. I haven’t cleaned it once and it’s still going, no matter what type of media I throw at it. Only reason I can find to replace it is that it’s “only” 8x speed. Now how could a Plex have done better?

Originally posted by the_Matrix
Now how could a Plex have done better?
It couldn’t have :slight_smile: But it’s not completely fair to say: well my burner has burned around 3000 discs to therefore this brand is reliable. You cannot say that based on one burner, right? Many people have a Plextor writer and they all (well at least a lot of people) say it has never let them down… Ah well we all have our favorite brands and opinions. I’m sure your Sanyo is a great writer too :slight_smile:

The Plextor 24x is the greatest and it is worth every penny. I was able to copy Max Payne a SD2 game to my hard drive in 2:46 minutes and I burned it to disk in 3:58 minutes with CloneCD. Blindread/write was about 7 seconds slower. And it is good at everything.

I have had Sony and HP and TDK AND LG and none are anything like this and with burnproof it is a joy. Plus the company puts out firmware which makes it better and fixes problems in a timely and responsible manner.

I would not buy anything else. And I neither work for the company nor own its stock but I may buy some someday.
:cool: