Advice/suggestions for capture card settings?

I just installed the Hauppauge PVR 150 on my PC. So far I’ve transfered two shows from the DVR to computer. The first show I was able to edit out the commercials using their nanopeg editor "which i’m not to crazy about btw"no problems.

I go to the second show and this time the final edited version has like squeeks and shrills in the audio. The audio will be fine for a minute or two and then a noise in the background is heard.
Did I do something wrong? Has anyone else encountered this problem and was able to resolve it?

I’m wondering if it was the editing or my settings.

According to the manufacturer, you should be able to:

“Create your own Digital Video Recorder! The WinTV-PVR-150 turns your PC into a digital video recorder. Record TV program or home videos to disk, play them back to your PC screen or burn them onto DVD. With data rates from 4.4MBits/sec up to 12Mbits/sec (or as low as 1 Mbit/sec with VCD formats), you decide how much hard disk space your videos will consume. At DVD quality, a typical one hour TV show will take 2 gigabytes of hard disk space”.

Reading this, it seems you can pick different quality definitions.
You have to set PVR recording to match Mpeg2 DVD compatible quality and use editing/authoring software that can keep those definitons till the end of the burning proccess.
You have tio pay attention to image size in pixels and images/sec (dif for NTSC or PAL), sound frequencies a bit rates to encode the files.
If you hardware is tunned and compatible and you software is ok, you should be able to get a decent final result.
Have a look at: www.videohelp.com and search for related topics and/or discussions in the forum.

Check out www.videohelp.com/capturecards :wink: