Advice re: legally backed-up dvds

Hi. I use latest DVDFAB Platinum 4.1.20. to backup my legally purchased dvds. I am thinking to upgrade to a BluRay player. Will I still be able to play my already-backed-up-dvds on the Bluray via the upscaling feature without contravening the built-in Bluray protections in the player? I’m not asking about backing-up Bluray disks as I know this is not supported by DVDFAB Platinum.Thanks for your advice.

[QUOTE=hexenmeister;2037216]Hi. I use latest DVDFAB Platinum 4.1.20. to backup my legally purchased dvds. I am thinking to upgrade to a BluRay player. Will I still be able to play my already-backed-up-dvds on the Bluray via the upscaling feature without contravening the built-in Bluray protections in the player? I’m not asking about backing-up Bluray disks as I know this is not supported by DVDFAB Platinum.Thanks for your advice.[/QUOTE]

almost certainly yes - the blue ray copy protection only applies to blu ray, not to std. def dvds.

if you’ve burned with the DVD ROM box ticked, the player should think it’s reading an original disc anyway!

[B]cybmole:[/B] Thank you. That’s very reassuring. :iagree: