Advice on Pioneer Replacement Drives needed

Hi,

So aparently Pioneer have pulled out of the optical drive market i hear and no longer manufacture drives.

This, if true, is quite unfortunate as i need to buy a lot of replacement drives and i am not expert enough to read into the capabilities of all other drives on the market.

I simply need a DVD Writable drive to replace all of my pioneer 115’s with.

If it makes much difference, they will me used in 3 machines, 1 is an 8 tower automated Vinpower Duplicator and the other 2 are manula dupe towers, 1 with a wytron controller and the other with a copystar controller.

I need a drive that is cost effective but can handle mass volumes.

Any help is appreciated in recomendations you can make for a replacement drive.

Thanks

Hi,

Pioneer 116/117 drives should be still available. I’d try to get them as long as they are available.

Michael

struggling to find those too. stocks seems to be selling fast with people panic buying.

I assume, you also need good CD-R capabilities? Then try Optiarc AD-720x series (and see if you can service your remaining Pioneers;) )

Michael

http://www.aprmedia.co.uk/product.php?pid=4243

would this be a suitable replacement do you think?

[QUOTE=ODPM-LTD.COM;2307923][AD7200A]

would this be a suitable replacement do you think?[/QUOTE]:iagree: I own a AD7200A myself - it’s a good drive, including CD-R capability. Mechanically, it seems not to be as solid as my Pioneer DVR-112, but this could also be a feeling only. Suggest to get one and test it if it meets your demands.

Michael

I bought an Optiarc AD-7200 last week.
It was really good & fast but then got a Pioneer 215 and it the results was so much better than Optiarc specially with CD-R.
So i send back the Optiarc and now i’m more happy with my pioneer 215

Also as i heared , Pioneer 117/217 is based on Mediatek chipset.
If it’s true then 117/217 is a DO NOT BUY. and u better look for a 115/215 or 116/216

[QUOTE=bobzombie;2309019]
Also as i heared , Pioneer 117/217 is based on Mediatek chipset.
[/QUOTE]You heard wrong. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bobzombie;2309019]Also as i heared , Pioneer 117/217 is based on Mediatek chipset.[/QUOTE]

Whoever you were talking to was probably talking about the 118L, which has been out for about a week.

i dont think the 118 made it to market in the UK.