Advice on a quad CDr external enclosure?

Hello,

I have four Plexwriter CDr burners mounted in my desktop curently. In the future when I upgrade the desktop, Id like to pull out the burners and put them into their own quad-enclosure, if there is such a thing. Is there? If so are there any you would recommend? I use them occasionally and want to be able to control them with either my deskop or laptop…

Thanks much

Rothie

I built one of these things and I would not recommend it. It looks great and is easy to run but the cost is much higher than just using simple single enclosure for each drive. After you buy a case and power supply for about $100 you have to add bridgeboards to connect to USB or firewire for at least $40 for 2. You then have the additional problems of getting Win to recognize when all the drives kick in at once and the fact that all drives are powered when you may only need one.

I sold mine and went to 8 external enclosures. I can recommend this one: http://www.dealsonic.com/plpmblcousb2.html

Are these Plextor Premiums? If so are they 1 or 2?

chas has more knowledge than i do on this. I’m just interested in the drives :bigsmile:

I appreciate your interest. The money I spent on my Premium 1 was worth it, even though my usage has fallen to only a few times a year.

[QUOTE=chas0039;1923149]I appreciate your interest. The money I spent on my Premium 1 was worth it, even though my usage has fallen to only a few times a year.[/QUOTE]Didn’t know you had a Premium chas. I was wondering if OP had 4 Premiums. I have a Premium 1 & 2.