I need help and hopefully this is the place to get it :).
Iâ€™m in the process of buying two new drives and I have no clue what to get. Any ideas?
Drive1 â€“ HTPC DVD-reader
Iâ€™m building a HTPC and need a DVD drive that:
- Should be able to reliably read pretty much any DVD media.
- Scanning could be important right?
- Should be very quiet.
- Speed is not important.
- CD reading not very important.
Drive2 â€“ DVD burner
I also need a new DVD burner for my other computer. Probably going to write mostly on MCC004 DVD+R media (have a hard time locating cheap Yuden media).
- Best possible burns for archiving.
- Speed is not that important.
- CD reading/writing not important.
- DVD reading not important.
- Lightscribe is a plus but not that important.