Advice needed for DVD+-R - DVD+-RW

vbimport

Hi,

I need some advice, I consider and DVD±R / DVD±RW to buy…

The options:

[B]Nec ND-1300A (DVD±R/DVD±RW) for € 218,80

Sony 510A (DVD±R/DVD±RW for € 271,77

Sony 10A (DVD±R/DVD±RW for € 192,90[/B]

Advantages/disadvantages?

Hope somebody can help me out. :bow:

Well guys, I could not wait for an answer :slight_smile:

I bought the NEC ND-1300A (DVD±R/DVD±RW) for € 218,80

It turned out to be the black edition…

Info:

Manufactured: June 2003
Firmware: 1.05

I just hope it is a good one :smiley:

Well I hope you like your new drive. I bought the NEC a little while ago and am still satisfied with the burns I made…

Originally posted by jan70
Well guys, I could not wait for an answer :slight_smile:

I bought the NEC ND-1300A (DVD±R/DVD±RW) for € 218,80

It turned out to be the black edition…

Info:

Manufactured: June 2003
Firmware: 1.05

I just hope it is a good one :smiley:

Both Sony DW-10A and NEC ND-1300A look good but the British Pound is too expensive.

Originally posted by Kenshin
[B]

Both Sony DW-10A and NEC ND-1300A look good but the British Pound is too expensive. [/B]

British Pound? How much does it cost over there? I payed in € (EUR)

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
Well I hope you like your new drive. I bought the NEC a little while ago and am still satisfied with the burns I made…

Kewl, what kind of programs do you use for the drive? Or do you have any good advices?

British Pound? How much does it cost over there? I payed in € (EUR)

Hm. I forgot to have my glasses. :wink:

Sony DW-U10A for less than 200 Euro sounds good.

[B]

Kewl, what kind of programs do you use for the drive? Or do you have any good advices? [/B]

Well I’m still playing with it. Don’t ask me about copy protections, as I don’t play any games (with copyprotections, tetris is free) and I don’t buy any protected audio discs (I’m against those protections), I don’t own any protected discs so I really can’t tell.

I only burned a couple of video’s sofar (different sources: dvd backup, all kinds of movieclips -trailers etc- I got from the net and DV homevideo) and those where great. I tested some media and found out about some difference in qualities.

Programs I’ve been using? Well I gave CloneDVD a try (and I like it), burned some with Nero and even with CDRWin. Furthermore, I did some conversions with DVD2One, DVDshrink etc etc…

But hey… I’ve been studying hard until last wednesday, so I had little time to really check the drive out…