Advice for Complete Noob or something like that

vbimport

Please help, I’ve tried Everything I know. I have just recently purchased A DVD Burner (DVD BURN LITE-ON) from NewEgg along with 100 DVD’s. I wanted to backup our Movie Collection but can’t seem to do it with the software I have.
Here Is what I’ve done.

1. Copied DVD with MagicISO into ISO and UIF, then ran the image in DVD SHRINK from the virtual drive to see if it would recognize and play the DVD. I get an error that says invalid access to memory allocation (whatever that means).

2. I’ve done the same thing with Alcohol 120%, I’ve made Bin, ISO, and NRG files. Again when ran in the virtual drive, nothing happens.

3. I went ahead and burnt the DVD with Alcohol stuck it in the drive, the menu will pop up but wont play and I get another error.

Any Advice out there?

Welcome to the forum Nando :slight_smile:

More than likely your problem may lay with the discs you are using, but lets look at your method first.

I think you could cut some step and perhaps save time by using some different programs to achieve the same final goal.

1. Rip with DVDFab HD Decrypter
  2. Compress with DVD Shrink (you already say you have that)
  3. Burn with Imgburn

Here is a link to a version of DVD Shrink that will allow you to autoburn with Imgburn ~ http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/DVD_Shrink_3_2_b_w_IB.zip

Here is a guide for using all those programs together ~ http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/alkohol_guide1.html

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Now for the discs…what brand are you using? Most people find that Verbatim have a higher degree of success and compatibility with burners and standalone players.

My advise would be to use the great all-in-one, DVDFab Platinum/Gold…
Or alternatively with freeware DVDFabHDDecrypter>DVDshrink>Imgburn…
BTW what DVD media did you purchase from newegg ?

EDIT: looks like LOCOENG, got it covered…:wink:

I got DVD+R RIDATA

Try one of our methods first and if you get no joy try a different brand of discs. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all of the advice, what discs would you recommend?

Verbatim (online or local) or Taiyo Yuden (online = rima, meritline, supermediastore). :slight_smile: