Advice building all-around powerhouse

vbimport

I have done a lot of component swapping but just recently I have been getting into the idea of building my own PC. I have an HP DV9000z which I love, but at the same time its being taxed quite a bit to do a lot of the operations I ask of it. I have been considering another desktop for a while (as my last 2 PCs were notebooks) and am sick of dealing with the big companies. I basically want an all-around powerhouse while on a decent budget. I am not a huge gamer but I definitely want some excellent capabilities as far as that is concerned. Here is the setup I was considering after browsing Newegg for countless hours. Please give me your thoughts/advice/questions for I am still fairly new at this and look forward to the challenge!

Case- XION Onyx XON-303 (45 w/ rebat)
Mobo (here is where I may need some advice)-SUS M3A-H/HDMI AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard (100 w/ rebate)
CPU- AMD Phenom 9850 2.5ghz (235)
RAM-G Skill 4gb (2x2gb) 240-pin ddr2 sdram 1066 (150 w/ rebate)
Video Card-XFX PVT88PYDF4 GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3
HDDs-
2x Seagate Barracuda 250GB/7200rpm/SATA 3.0 (third drive too? Never made a multiple HDD system)
Optical Drives-Already own a Pioneer DVR-215D, was thinking of putting that, a Sammy S-203b and I would like a blu-ray writer but they are a bit out of my pricerange right now, but can anyone recommend a drive that reads them well at a decent price?

Now my questions are recommendations on an excellent DVD±RW drive (SATA) for reading?
-Sound card? Or is the mobo enough for most?
-Blu-ray and HDD recommendations…
-What sort of power supply?

Thanks for your input!

• Case
    Apart from looking horrible (personal opinion) I highly doubt that you want a case that shines blue (you can most likely disable it though). Instead I’d go for a Cooler Master Centirum 5 case, while its not as fun for the eye it’s a great case for the money with good design and cooling ability.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119068

*Mobo
If you want AMD go for Gigabyte’s card as its much better than what Asus/MSI etc offers. I would honestly go for an Intel based system if you want an allround system.
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R is a very good and solid choice.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128086

//Danne

DiiZzY that case kind of sucks for air flow but yeah you have to spend some money to get a good case that’s designed well and breathes good.

DiiZzy… So if I stuck with AMD on the Mobo, what would you recommend as far as CPUs are concerned?

LionhartZ, I think your choice for MB/CPU is a good way to go. It already has high quality video built in, so you won’t need to buy a video card, the gigabyte 780G board is also a great choice. Since your not big on gamming then those are two of the best MB’s to get currently.

There is a better deal on the Seasonic PSU, the 500W version

The onboard sound on both 780G boards is excellent, no need for a card.
The dvd burners that your getting will also be excellent readers.

Dizzy your memory link is not the right one.

but here are two suggestions:
A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 5-5-5-18

A-DATA Vitesta 4GB (2 x 2GB) 4-4-4-12 , these would be my prefference.

Correct link for the memory

As for the PSU, 13$ for 20W more and modular cables… both are good =)

If you want to stick with AMD go for this motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128090
and as Eric said, if you dont game you’ll be fine with the integrated video.
//Danne