Advanced Resolution Settings

vbimport

On the latest version a new feature “Advanced Resolution Settings” was introduced. When I click that botton, I see “Resize: Disable”. My question is how to enable this and what to do when it is enabled. Thank you.

New: Added “Advanced Resolution Settings” to allow user to resize output from letterbox to pan&scan, for “DVD to Mobile”.

i think it may only be supported in certain modes. i have not tested enough yet to find out everything. i know that when selecting a 16:9 title, from disc Day After Tomorrow. the options are disabled in all modes except PVP and Cell Phone.

what it does is automatically change the resolution from wide screen to full screen.

Thank you Troy. I’ll play around and see if I can turn it to enable.

It will automatically enable when you choose a resolution that is not at the same aspect ratio as the source.

eg: Widescreen movie source 720 x 400 and you choose 720 x 576 or something similar.

Gothcha GregiBoy. I feel better now. Thank you.

I’m now using the trial version of the Platinum 4 DVDFAB and my only hold out for buying the program is the fact that I can’t change the screen size. What I’m trying to do is compress and save all my DVDs on an external drive as a movie player on my TV. So I’m using the generic mode in the DVD Mobile and like the post above I can’t enable that function. Are you saying if I change the resolution to 720 x 400 that will make the screen size 4.3 or as you called it Full Screen ? BTW I love the Ease and Quality of this program!

Thank you in advance for any help on this issue.

How do we know which is the proper resolution to not have any loss of video quality?

The most efficient resolution (smallest file size, fastest processing time) is the one that matches the native resolution of your mobile device (iPod=320x240 etc.). For viewing on a PC, use a larger size. For viewing on a TV, also choose a large size but do not try to use DVDFab as an upscaler; most HDTVs have dedicated hardware and firmware routines that can do this on the fly must faster and better.

[QUOTE=signals;2076361]The most efficient resolution (smallest file size, fastest processing time) is the one that matches the native resolution of your mobile device (iPod=320x240 etc.). For viewing on a PC, use a larger size. For viewing on a TV, also choose a large size but do not try to use DVDFab as an upscaler; most HDTVs have dedicated hardware and firmware routines that can do this on the fly must faster and better.[/QUOTE]

Totally correct Signals…

The resolution to use for TV & PC for a normal DVD is approximately 700 pixels wide by whatever the depth required to maintain the correct aspect ratio of the title. eg in PALLand, normal res would br 720 x 576 (4:3 Aspect ratio), 720 x 400 (16:9) and 720 x 300ish (Widescreen) and they can vary from title to title.

If you set resolutions LARGER than this, you are then getting FAB to interpolate the pixels needed to fill in the image.

As Signals said, most HD sets have “UPSCALERS” built in which do a far better job.

For smaller devices, as Signals said, a resolution as close as possible to that device’s native screen resolution is the best.

But doesn’t DVDFab mobile have the square vs. rectangle pixel issue? If so then 720 wide isn’t wide enough to keep the full quality of a DVD for TV.