ADSL & WMP 10 problem

vbimport

I need help, please!
I have recently got DSL connection. Now my Windows Media Player 10 won’t connect to the media guide, online stores and things like that. I can’t find anywhere how to make this my DSL (it is signed as LAN connection) my default connection. And when I go to Internet Options => Connections, there’s no connections. And there is nothing about it in WMP options.
?
Also, why does my WMP often get very wrong information for my albums although songs have correct album, artist name and title? And there are no shown lyrics, although they exist?
I had some errors so I had to format and erase my whole hard disk and make new installation of WinXP. But this lyrics problem existed earlier and also now? And when I put some cd to rip it, it shows songs which had already been ripped and which had not. But hard disk was formatted and everything erased? This should not be shown? Why?

I have recently got DSL connection. Now my Windows Media Player 10 won’t connect to the media guide, online stores and things like that.

Are you using a firewall?