Adobe's Acrobat Reader has critical security flaws

I just posted the article Adobe’s Acrobat Reader has critical security flaws.

Acrobat Reader security risks exploited by online hackers

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/acrobat-reader-has-critical-security-flaws-66184/](http://www.myce.com/news/acrobat-reader-has-critical-security-flaws-66184/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It’s really quite sad… reader was created for one purpose, and one purpose only: to read text/picture documents. Yet, dev’s from companies like adobe are forced to bog themselves down with all these security updates.

It seems if there’s any program that achieves even modest popularity, someone always uses this to hack another’s computer.

Adobe pdf reader has been full of security flaws for years, and they seem to be exceptionally slow at fixing them.

Nowadays, I use pdfxchange viewer, disable online content for offline files and just use the inbuilt pdf reader in the Chrome browser.

It’s not enough to stop you getting infected, especially since I receive many business files from other less aware people, but it’s a start :wink:

Security experts have been complaining for years that data files should not contain executable code, and that there should be a complete separation, but here we are in 2013, 3 months after the end of the world, and we’re still tempting fate…

I’ve used SumatraPDF for years. It can read 99% of all pdf files and it’s just 4.8 Megabytes in size.

First rule of computing, never use the most popular software for anything as this is what the hackers go after for virus infections.

So no Internet Explorer.
No Windows Media Player
No Adobe Reader

Foxit PDF reader has always been my favorite anyway.

Glad I don’t use that piece of bloatware…

Updates available now … seriously thinking though, stuff worrying about compatibility, just use something other than this perpetually exploit holed attack magnet, and worry about PDFs that an alternative doesn’t read right when one turns up.

[QUOTE=Anthony1uk;2677972]First rule of computing, never use the most popular software for anything as this is what the hackers go after for virus infections.

So no Internet Explorer.
No Windows Media Player
No Adobe Reader[/QUOTE]

And yet all the other software out there emulates or uses formats similar to these high profile or most used program. That should make one wonders if the 3rd party is so good why are they trying to emulate the most used program. Simple cause they couldn’t compete otherwise.

[QUOTE=Anthony1uk;2677972]Foxit PDF reader has always been my favorite anyway.[/QUOTE]

IF you follow that route then Foxit has it’s own problems so let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Foxit has been getting updates as well so that programs isn’t bug free or security free.