Adobe Reader problem

vbimport

When I try to open a file for my grandsons wrestling schedule I get the following error message " Adobe

Reader cannot find"StandingJan26.xls" May be damaged or an attachment was nor correctly decoded".
I tried the same program on another computer and it came up . Looked in Control Panel , both computers

had The same Adobe readings. Went on Google and downloaded the program(as opposed to the e-mail I

recieved originaly) and again got the same message. Help!

Adobe Reader won’t open it because it’s an Excel file. .xls file extension(You need the MS Excel prog.)
If you had Adobe Acrobat installed this would change it to .pdf and enable you to read it.

Thans, that clears it up, I don’t have Excel.

Microsoft offers a free program to open and view Excel files: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=1CD6ACF9-CE06-4E1C-8DCF-F33F669DBC3A&displaylang=en

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2572622]Microsoft offers a free program to open and view Excel files: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=1CD6ACF9-CE06-4E1C-8DCF-F33F669DBC3A&displaylang=en[/QUOTE]
Thanks Kerry, this should be a big help.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2572639]Thanks Kerry, this should be a big help.[/QUOTE] Kerry, downloaded the link you gave me for Viewer, won’t open, got some error message, have a program called Open.org that will not open it outright, but saves it and then you can open it. Maybe I am missing a step somewhere with Viewer?

Worked for me. I had to open an Excel file the other day and haven’t installed my ancient copy of Office in my newer computer. So I had already looked up an alternate program for viewing this type of file.

It was worth a shot. At least you found a way to work with the file you have.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2572774]Kerry, downloaded the link you gave me for Viewer, won’t open, got some error message, have a program called Open.org that will not open it outright, but saves it and then you can open it. Maybe I am missing a step somewhere with Viewer?[/QUOTE]

That would be “Open Office” and it does open XML files

AD

OpenOffice or Libreoffice are both free and can deal with xls files.