Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 - Adobe Media Encoder Insanity!

vbimport

Here’s the rub.

I have a .mpg file I imported into Premiere Pro 1.5 to add some fade to black effects. The file was originally an xvid .avi I encoded in Ulead VideoStudio 9. After I add the effects when I want to encode the file back out of Premiere it always comes out totally wack. I’ve tried everything in Adobe Media Encoder and either the image comes out stretched vertically (original is widescreen) or the image is shrunk (video does not fill up TV screen, like watching the video on a little box within the screen size). I’ve even tried FrameServing the file to an .avi to re-encode in VideoStudo 9, I get a small and stretched image that way as well.

What am I doing wrong? I love the effects you can add in Adobe Premiere but I can never get my video back out of the program the way I want. It kidnaps my files. :slight_smile:

Here is the information on the file I originally import into Adobe (I used the “Get Properties For…” in Premiere to get this info):

Type: Mpeg Movie
File Size: 17.7 MB
Image Size: 720 x 480
Pixel Depth: 0
Frame Rate: 29.97
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:00:30:08
Average Data Rate: 598.806 KB/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.9

I’m new to the DVD Authoring/Video Editing world so please be gentle :slight_smile:
Thanks in Advance!!

Mr. Roboto

you really need to find someone who knows Premiere Pro 1.5. however, i would try another program to se if it does the same. eg, you can use NeroVision Express 3x, make movie, add avi, choose filters/effects etc. save.

can Nero do fade effects at the beginning and end of the video?

thanks for the reply

don’t know for sure, as i never tried what you are wanting to do.

I’m not a user of Premiere, but here are a couple suggestions to help you figure this out.

First of all check out the web sites at Doom9 and VideoHelp (just Google for them) as they both are excellent sources of information, help, and tutorials on video recording issues.

That said, yes, Nero will do the basic transitions that you want to do.

The other point is that your are converting avi to mpg prior to you edits. I would just use the native format the file is in and make your edits in that format first, and then reencode it to the final format you want. It seems like you are doing extra work and simple is always better.

Lastly, the codecs you have installed on your computer may be a problem if you have several video editing programs installed. While different codecs can co-exist on the same machine (some can’t), some programs hijack the file associations when they are installed. When this happens programs can use the wrong codec instead of the one for which they were originally designed. (The order of the codecs listed in your associations can influence which one is used first)

Hope this helps.

I use Premiere 6.5 and don’t have any problems. But Premiere is difficult to learn, and isn’t very automatic, so you have to know some settings. You should be able to search and find some online tutorials that will get you going quickly, or check out www.dvdrhelp.com , and you will find information there. Once you learn to use Premiere, you will love it. It is a very powerful tool with a very good encoder.