Adobe Premiere CS5

vbimport

I recently upgraded from Adobe Premiere CS3 to the new CS5. Everything works fine with the exception of export to tape.
The firewire connection works fine while capturing from DV deck, but after rendering video and audio, the signal breaks up when attempting to export to tape. It will transfer video and audio fine for ten or twelve seconds, then break up for a few seconds, then return.

Has anyone had any similar problems or can you refer me to someone who can help.

I’ve worked with Adobe Tech Support and been on the Adobe forums and nobody can help.

Thanks,
Jomo

Did you do a fresh install of CS5 or did you upgrade from the old version?

Yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times. I feel like I’ve exhausted about every possibility in trying to track this down. I even convinced Dell to exchange the PC, thinking it may have been something wrong there, but nothing has changed.

Why not just burn it to a DVD?

Another thing to try, uninstall the program again, the run “CCleaner” its free and can clean your registry. Link

There is a new update for Premiere Pro CS5 that’s available for download: version 5.02. It claims to fix a lot of bugs that version 5.01 suffered from. Plus, in addition to the GeForce GTX 285, Quadro CX, Quadro FX 3800, Quadro FX 4800 and Quadro 5800, Premiere Pro CS5 v5.02 now also officially supports the GeForce GTX 470, Quadro 4000 and Quadro 5000 (all three of those are based on the newer NVIDIA Fermi GPU architecture) in the Mercury Playback Engine’s GPU acceleration feature. And due to the originally supported GPUs being either EOL or astronomically expensive, the GTX 470 (around $330) is now the least expensive Adobe MPE-certified GPU.

Sadly, MPE’s GPU acceleration feature still does not support AMD (formerly ATi) GPUs for now. Thus, AMD GPUs are still stuck in MPE’s software-only rendering mode.

Thats kind of a joke that their forcing people to buy the more expensive cards in order to get gpu acceleration. Hopefully there will be crack soon to allow all the other fermi and previous generation cards to work in CS5.

Oh, I just read their calling them “certified” which doesn’t necessarily mean the other cards won’t work.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2542227]Thats kind of a joke that their forcing people to buy the more expensive cards in order to get gpu acceleration. Hopefully there will be crack soon to allow all the other fermi and previous generation cards to work in CS5.[/QUOTE]

There is a “crack” for this – and it involves editing a text file and running GPUSniffer (located in the Premiere Pro CS5 install folder) for verification. This crack can work with even certain older and cheaper GPUs, provided that certain conditions are met:

-The GPU must have more than 32 CUDA cores (stream processors);
-At least 765MB of graphics card RAM must be unused (this means that cards with 768MB might not work due to Windows itself using some of that graphics RAM);
-The memory used must be (G)DDR3 or GDDR5 (this means no cards with DDR2 memory are suitable);
-The GPU must be a G80-something series or higher (this means no GeForce 7 series or older, which do not support CUDA). In other words, a GeForce 8 series or higher (or their corresponding Quadro equivalents).

If one or more of the above conditions are not met, you’re stuck in software-only mode.

Cool, my gtx260 should work then, now I just have to find the tutorial.

edit: Here’s the tutorial Link

So this is only for Premiere, no photoshop acceleration?

[QUOTE=eric93se;2542432]Cool, my gtx260 should work then, now I just have to find the tutorial.

edit: Here’s the tutorial Link

So this is only for Premiere, no photoshop acceleration?[/QUOTE]

Premiere only. (This also means that any other Adobe program that uses Premiere Pro projects, such as Encore and Adobe Media Encoder, will get a boost from GPU acceleration when such projects are imported into those programs.)

Also, when you update to 5.0.2 (Premiere Pro), you’ll also need to update the GeForce driver to 258.96 or higher before you run Premiere (as mentioned in the guide linked above).