Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Pro prob

vbimport

Hi Guys, im in a online gaming clan and we have a Field Manual with some tips and strategies, it is a 39 page Word Doc manual with words and pics and i was trying to convert it to the more friendly PDF format of Adobe Acrobat.

I have the Professional version 6 but everytime i try to convert i get the error below on my log.txt;

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[Page: 1]%%
%%[Page: 2]%%
%%[Page: 3]%%
%%[Page: 4]%%
%%[Page: 5]%%
%%[Page: 6]%%
%%[Page: 7]%%
%%[Page: 8]%%
%%[Page: 9]%%
%%[Page: 10]%%
%%[Page: 11]%%
%%[Page: 12]%%
%%[Page: 13]%%
%%[Page: 14]%%
%%[Page: 15]%%
%%[Page: 16]%%
%%[Page: 17]%%
%%[Page: 18]%%
%%[Page: 19]%%
%%[Page: 20]%%
%%[Page: 21]%%
%%[Page: 22]%%
%%[Page: 23]%%
%%[Page: 24]%%
%%[Page: 25]%%
%%[Page: 26]%%
%%[Page: 27]%%
%%[Page: 28]%%
%%[Page: 29]%%
%%[Page: 30]%%
%%[Page: 31]%%
%%[Page: 32]%%
%%[ Error: ioerror; OffendingCommand: imageDistiller; ErrorInfo: DCTDecodeFilter Source error or end in scan 0 8x8 block 4596 ]%%

Stack:
-dict-

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

No matter what ive tried it wont make the PDF for me i dont know whats up. Ive made PDF fine with other Word Docs but not this one for some reason.

Im using Word XP and my OS is Windows XP any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

maybe you can try it with a different program like pdf creator it’s free

Hi Ya

@ ch5Micky

dont know if it will help or not but i recently got hold of a program that installs as a printer driver and prints anything you send to a printer to a pdf file. It is absolutely fabulous !!!

I was having all sorts of grief trying to outpt a document here at work and tried this in desperation. No looking back now , its so good. And the files it generates are much smaller then an original Adobe file.

Its called pdfPrint factory. I have the licensed pro version. You can get a trial copy that puts a water mark along the bottom of printed output.

Its worth a shot as it may just help you. |It did me.

googel pdfprintfactory and it comes straight up

regards
mark

any images / graphics in the word document?

Originally posted by zamarky1
[B]Hi Ya

@ ch5Micky

dont know if it will help or not but i recently got hold of a program that installs as a printer driver and prints anything you send to a printer to a pdf file. It is absolutely fabulous !!!

I was having all sorts of grief trying to outpt a document here at work and tried this in desperation. No looking back now , its so good. And the files it generates are much smaller then an original Adobe file.

Its called pdfPrint factory. I have the licensed pro version. You can get a trial copy that puts a water mark along the bottom of printed output.

Its worth a shot as it may just help you. |It did me.

googel pdfprintfactory and it comes straight up

regards
mark [/B]
same as pdf creator except pdf creator is totally FREE

Hi

@slayerking

I tried 3 or 4 different ones and the best i found was pdfPrintfactory. The main thng was it produced the smallest file of all of them. Guess it depends what you want to do with the file as to whether this is a problem or not. I had to email my file to several hundred clients so file size was a big issue to me.

But whatever gets you through the day and does the job at hand…

Regards

Mark

Thanks for all your replies guys much appreciated the Word Doc is about 43 pages and has pictures as well.

It works fine in Word XP but wont convert without that error.

@Slayerking & zamarky1

Thanks for the advice guys ill try out these progs and see how it goes. :slight_smile:

i couldnt figure out what imageDistiller did, but it certainly has something to do with inserting those images. perhaps the guide could be created without them? //temp solution

I think i found the problem out guys one of the pictures in the prog looks corrupted and half of the picture is greeny blue so i removed it and it converted to PDF fine so i guess i need to fix the piccie.

Thanks again guys. :slight_smile: