Admin rights?

vbimport

hi, i am trying to download an update for my sat nav but it says i cannot save the file due to administration rights, i cannot find where to change them?
i am using win 7 ultimate
thanks
mark

Can’t you just put them in a folder on your desktop?
If you do not have admin rights you will require the administrators login name and password.

[QUOTE=md74;2508258]hi, i am trying to download an update for my sat nav but it says i cannot save the file due to administration rights, i cannot find where to change them?
i am using win 7 ultimate
thanks
mark[/QUOTE]

Log in admin and updated but if your not admin then we can’t help you will have to talk to admin or whom the computer belongs to - to update.

hi i am the admin! it only in my name so i dont understand, i have tried to save it to the desktop and any i can but it wont let me!
mark:(

[QUOTE=md74;2508534]hi i am the admin! it only in my name so i dont understand, i have tried to save it to the desktop and any i can but it wont let me!
mark:([/QUOTE]

That is hard to believe you have to be admin to install maybe you need to check your UAC settings and firewall program setting?? I am admin on my computer and I can install and uninstall any programs so your problem makes me scratch my head…so I think you need to check your admin settings to see whom you allowed to write or read or makes changes.

My PC Admin rights have always been in order, but very very occasionally I’ve had the same problem, so it’s not difficult for me to believe Mark is the Admin at all, or is having this problem.

Last time I remember it happening was with a version of Kaspersky on Windows XP. Unfortunately, I can’t think of a fix, because I just switched to a different AV/firewall suite.

Can you download any other file to your desktop?