Adding to CD-R disks

vbimport

I’m using ImageBurn to attempt to add files to a CD-R disk. If I’m not mistaken CD-R disks can be added to until there is no more room on the disk. I recently added some files to the disk using Windows, then attempted to add files using ImageBurn. ImageBurn will not recognize the disk (the “Build” button is not active when the disk is in the drive).

When I added files using Windows the last time, the burn session was closed, incase anyone is wondering. My Windows burn sessions close by default when the disk is ejected.

How do you use ImageBurn to add files to CD-R, CD+R, DVD-R, DVD+R disks, when there are already files on the disks?

Hi hotdog:

As you’ve discovered, once a disc is closed (finalised), you’re not able to add additional files.

In your question, you did not mention RW media. If you are interested in additing to CD-R, or DVD + - R, it’s called multisession but that is likely to raise a whole host of miserable problems when you try to view or access all files. My opinion, keep it simple as media is cheap and avoid multisession. If you want to deal with RW media, that is different.

Below is the link to the imagburn guides which may be of interest.

I can add files to a closed session CD-R using Windows. I just did it a little while ago. “Finalizing” and “Closing” are different. If a disk is closed, technicaly you can still add files, but not when it has been finalized.

ImageBurn [B]will[/B] allow me to write files to an RW disk, but first it makes me erase the disk. It will not let me simply add to it. In Windows I am able to add to RW disks without having to erase them first.

After the failed attempt at adding files to the CD-R using ImageBurn, I switched over to CDburnerXP and it let me add file with no problem.

Thanks for the link to ImageBurn Guide

[QUOTE=hot dog;2162536]I can add files to a closed session CD-R using Windows. I just did it a little while ago. “Finalizing” and “Closing” are different. If a disk is closed, technicaly you can still add files, but not when it has been finalized.

ImageBurn [B]will[/B] allow me to write files to an RW disk, but first it makes me erase the disk. It will not let me simply add to it. In Windows I am able to add to RW disks without having to erase them first.

After the failed attempt at adding files to the CD-R using ImageBurn, I switched over to CDburnerXP and it let me add file with no problem.

Thanks for the link to ImageBurn Guide[/QUOTE]

You mix up closing session with finalizing discs…