Adding text to CD's

vbimport

I am using NTI CD DVD maker and I want to add the name of the music and artist, I don’t want it to just show the track.

[QUOTE=Papasmurff;2680277]I am using NTI CD DVD maker and I want to add the name of the music and artist, I don’t want it to just show the track.[/QUOTE]

I know in the past Nero6 it XP pro did write cd text but the newer version of Nero just gave more headache and I gave up on those versions. You have to check with the site that makes NTI cd dvd maker to see if it writes cd text as your asking about.

Power2go came with my LG Bluray burner and it does CD Text. Most of the time I use JRiver to burn CD’s and it does it automatically. I like to add text to all of my burns.

IMGBurn can do cd texts manually.

But before all else you must be sure that your Disc Burner is actually capable of writing CD-TEXT.

Most are not.

The issue with CD-TEXT is that this Text data is NOT written to a normal part of the “Data” space on the disc, but to what ammounts to “lead in area” that CD-ROM drives normally do not use.

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2680491]But before all else you must be sure that your Disc Burner is actually capable of writing CD-TEXT.

Most are not.[/QUOTE] Really? I think most of mine are capable of writing CD-TEXT.

Few CD players, however, are capable of displaying CD-TEXT.

I’ve never seen a computer disc burner that wouldn’t write CD Text but I guess it’s possible. I would think the software would determine what data is put on a CDR.

Most DVD/Bluray/Universal players will display text on a TV screen or monitor. I have one CD recorder that will display text on it’s front panel display. It will also let you add text to a CDR.

You need to actually TRY to write CD-TEXT with each of your drives.

I have a stack of SATA DVD writers that will not write CD-Text.

When I went shopping for a DVD writer that would do BOTH "Lightscribe"
and CD-TEXT I found only ONE, unsurprisingly a Sony, an AD-7261S

But generally if a CD/DVD drive does not explicitly say it writes CD-TEXT
it probably does not.

Well, I find that very odd. I have an old laptop with a Toshiba CD/DVD burner that will. And I have two HP’s, both have generic drives that will. They also both have LG Bluray burners that will. The HP’s are SATA, not sure about the laptop. I’ve used Roxio and Nero as well as Power DVD and they all have let me do CD Text. I use JRiver mostly now and it does it automatically if you tell it to.

I want to add: CD text is not automatic. Most programs require you to drag and drop the files you want to burn and then type in the text yourself. It is a time consuming process. Once you add text to your CDR the subsequent copies of it will have text. If you have an original CD with text any copies will have text if copied with a disc to disc method.

I use JRiver to add my collection of music to my media computer. If I burn a copy of a CD using JRiver, it will automatically add CD Text to the burn. I’m pretty sure there’s other programs that do likewise.