Adding remote commands durring video?

I have a dvd made up of several music videos. In the VIDEO_TS folder, each is it’s own seperate VTS vob.

When the DVD plays, it plays each video in sequence so when #1 finishes, 2 begins, then 3, then it loops back to the beginning. This is set up by the authoring software.

I’d like to make it so when the next or previous buttons are pressed on the remote, it jumps to the appropriate video.

Is this somethng that’s even possible?
I’ve been looking but can’t seem to find where remote commands “live” in the dvd structure.

What authoring software do you use? If you use DvdShrink Reauthor mode, there is a DVDShrink plugin you can use in PgcEdit to use previous and next buttons to jump to previous and next title, respectively.

I’m primarily a Mac user, so I use Roxio Toast for the most part. But I switch into Windows when need be…

I tried the DVDShrink/DVDShrink plugin in PGc Edit you suggested. While the navigation works, I lose my menu in the re-authoring step in DVDShrink., which isn’t an acceptable trade-off here.

Thanks for the recomendation, though.

ok, thought you don’t care about the menus. In this case, DvdReMake Pro can do what you want but it’s not a simple-click process as DRMP gives you the freedom to do whatever you want, within DVD specs that is.

I don’t know what the structure of your DVD looks like, but if each video is in its own VTS and has the same aspect ratio and audio attributes as the other videos, you can copy all the videos and append to the end of the first video. Then delete the other video VTSs and associated VMG Titles. Then fix the menu to redirect to the appended videos.

[quote=toaddub;2017875]

I don’t know what the structure of your DVD looks like, but if each video is in its own VTS and has the same aspect ratio and audio attributes as the other videos, you can copy all the videos and append to the end of the first video. Then delete the other video VTSs and associated VMG Titles. Then fix the menu to redirect to the appended videos.[/quote]

Ok…I’m starting to see it…using my test iso, I’ve gotten it to work, mainly by copying the pre-comands in the menu pgc from another DVD. Using the debugger, I think I even understand what it’s doing, but I’m not sure I could write my own command string.

Boy, I’m not sure the whole process is worth it, to be honest, but it’s all very fascinating to learn. Thanks for all your help in this.

One other question, when it takes the new VTS with the appended videos. I assume, that when exported it would be converted into a single vob. In my test I’m using small 4meg video files, but in a real dvd the video files combined would be way more than the 1 gig VOB limit of the DVD.

Does DVDR rencode the video and split it into the right vob size, does it just add the videos, then divide them, with no actual reencoding?

Don’t worry about the size of the VOB, DRMP just combines the video and does not reencode at all and split into a 1GB VOB limit if required.

There’s a learning curve involve. Once you know it, it’s not that hard.