Adding more RAM

vbimport

I currently have 2) 512 MB RAM and want to add another 1GB…can I just add the 1GB RAM and leave the 2) 512 MB in or replace the 2) 512’s for another 2GB?

It depends on your system.

Either check your manual or use one of the memory advisors such as e.g. Crucial Memory Advisor Tool or Crucial System Scanner.

That depends a little bit on the motherboard you are using. All motherboards have limits on the amount of ram you can use in them, and the configuration of the ram. Check your manual to see the sizes that are allowed. Many modern boards require ram to be in pairs when using more than one slot.

What is the make and model computer that you have? Or if this is home-built, tell us the make and model motherboard.

Edit: Drage beat me to the punch.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2489748]It depends on your system.

Either check your manual or use one of the memory advisors such as e.g. Crucial Memory Advisor Tool or Crucial System Scanner.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2489754]That depends a little bit on the motherboard you are using. All motherboards have limits on the amount of ram you can use in them, and the configuration of the ram. Check your manual to see the sizes that are allowed. Many modern boards require ram to be in pairs when using more than one slot.

What is the make and model computer that you have? Or if this is home-built, tell us the make and model motherboard.

Edit: Drage beat me to the punch.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, anyway