Adding content to original DVDs not copies or ripped

Hi everyone

First time posting, I have conducted several searches but have found nothing to relate directly.

My problem begins with my wife who is Greek and unable to read English, therefore we are forever choosing DVDs based on the subtitles. From the searches I have done on this forum I have seen that you can add subs to ripped, copied formats etc, but my player does not accept Divx. I have been able to find lots of Greek subtitles on the net for lots of movies , but can these be added to the original DVD and selected whenever I want to use them or can they only be permanently turned on?

If so I would appreciate some guidance on where I can find more info or another thread if this has been covered.

I have just thought about changing the wife, i get the feeling it might be easier.

Judging by the abscence of answers am I to assume it is not possible to add subtitles to the original DVD then?

Help me out here guys I only need a yes or a no.

Original dvd’s are not on burnable media, it “may” be possible to rip the original, and perhaps find greek subtitles on the net…to add to your burn project to a blank disk,. But this is a longshot

Originally posted by ZigZagMan
Original dvd’s are not on burnable media, it “may” be possible to rip the original, and perhaps find greek subtitles on the net…to add to your burn project to a blank disk,. But this is a longshot

Depending on where you are…It may be possible for you to order dvd’s online that have the language/subtitles you situation requires…:slight_smile: